LucasArts Posters - The better thread

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Outlaws isn't a ScummVM game either ;).
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

The thread title says LucasArts posters, after all. So things like Dark Forces and Afterlife would be kosher, too.
slx

Post by slx »

Laserschwert thanks for all of your great work!
Stryfe

Post by Stryfe »

Thanks for these awesome posters Laserschwert.

Can I ask if there's a Indy and the Last Crusade in the works?
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Stryfe wrote:Can I ask if there's a Indy and the Last Crusade in the works?
Nope... it's not looking that great. I'd say, get one of the movie-posters, they look WAY better.
timofonic

Post by timofonic »

May I ask for some Discworld poster? :D
Morden

Post by Morden »

First of all, excellent work Laserschwert. I'm happy to see you've added Simon posters and, of course, Outlaws! So, what other covers and / or posters are on your list?

Any chance you might consider looking at a possibility of re-doing Goblins covers? I'm probably not the only one out there who loves these. Unfortunately, there were never any posters and I'm not sure what can be done with high resolution scans of the game boxes.

Image Image Image Image Image
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

I might do them... if only I had high-resolution scans.
Morden

Post by Morden »

What DPI are we talking here? 200 or 300? I've got a crappy scanner [which hardly ever works under Win XP], but I could try scanning Gobliins 2 cover, as well as Gobliiins 4.

If anyone else out there has original Goblins covers, scan them and we might just get high quality posters in return. Don't be lazy. It's still Laserschwert who has to do all the work.
jefklak

Post by jefklak »

I think I would go nuts if Laser redid Gobliins 2/3 posters :shock: Pleae consider it I'd love to kiss your feet :lol:
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

Morden wrote:What DPI are we talking here? 200 or 300? I've got a crappy scanner [which hardly ever works under Win XP], but I could try scanning Gobliins 2 cover, as well as Gobliiins 4.
600 dpi would be perfect, but lower ones would still work. Basically as high as possible.
Morden

Post by Morden »

I scanned the artwork for Gobliins 2 and Gobliiins 4. I tried to make the scan as big as possible, but bare in mind that my scanner is ancient. It's a Primax Colorado Direct, with software written for Win ´95. It's a miracle it still works under XP [the only major problem is free space detection. Sometimes it will see 100 megs, sometimes -587. Sometimes 2 gigs].

Since I didn't want to ruin anything by compressing the files to JPEG format, I used lossless JPEG 2000. I hope you don't mind this format. There are multiple tools for Windows that allow you to open, save and convert it, the simplest one being IrfanView.

- > Gobliins 2 @ 1200 DPI - 5040 x 5960 - 15.07 Mb

- > Gobliiins 4 @ 1200 DPI - 6520 x 9120 - 29.30 Mb

For Gobliiins 4, I chose to scan the hint book instead of the cover. The artwork is slightly bigger, and aside from the "Poradnik" bit, it has no logos nor text. The original box artwork has some information text, plus the PEGI logo and such.

Image Image

I really hope you'll be able to work with the Gobliins 2 scan. I love original Goblins artwork.
Red_Breast

Post by Red_Breast »

I've thought before about asking if Laserschwert has ever considered making something for the game Zombies Ate My Neighbors/ Zombies. Developed by LucasArts. Published by Konami.
But I've never came across any good artwork as a base.

I much prefer the style used for the European releases compared to the North American. I had the SNES release. The label on the cartridge at the bottom of the page in the link was used for the box as well.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/zombies-a ... /cover-art
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

The scans look good, I think I can work with those. The only thing missing now is the real "Gobliiins 4"-logo... the one on the hint-book isn't that great.

As for "Zombies Ate My Neighbours", I've never found a good enough cover scan either, so that's the problem.
Morden

Post by Morden »

Laserschwert wrote:The only thing missing now is the real "Gobliiins 4"-logo
Unfortunately, the Polish MULTI3 release uses some really crappy font for the logo. I will probably get the European MULTI5 one, but that won't happen for a month or two. If nobody can supply the logo until then, I'll scan it.
Laserschwert wrote:As for "Zombies Ate My Neighbours", I've never found a good enough cover scan either, so that's the problem.

This one? I have a brand new copy, so I can scan it later, if the scanner is willing to cooperate. Is it ok if I use JP2 when I upload the scanned images? You said that previous scans looked good, so I'm guessing you did manage to open them. Hehe.

---

Update - My trusty Primax gave in and I managed to scan the Zombies cover. Before Red_Breast said anything, I didn't even know this game was developed by LucasArts. I always thought it was Konami all the way, but it DOES say LucasArts in small print on the back of the box. Anyway, here it is.

- > Zombies MegaDrive PAL @ 1200 DPI - 6280 x 8480 - 24.59 Mb