SCUMMVM looks different on two monitors

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lukaszsw

SCUMMVM looks different on two monitors

Post by lukaszsw »

Ok, I managed to install the program make my games work. Broken Sword 1, The Curse of Monkey Island and BASS works great and in widescreen on my external display - LG M228WD (1680x1050)

However when I launch SCUMMVM on my default display - laptop lcd (1920x1200) - it will always display black border. I can make the menu screen lauch fullscreen but the games will always have this border. I guess the problem is my laptops display. Is there any universal solution to that?
I found another post from 2007 about that without any replies.
Scapetti

Post by Scapetti »

Well, you could try ctrl, alt and A or mess with the scales, ctrl, alt and +/-. Either that or you will have to mess around with the display settings specific to your computer
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Use a higher scaler like 2x or something. Some laptops have settings that constantly display in just their native resolutions and won't change when the OS initializes another resolution. So when you start a full-screen program in 320x200 or something it'll still display it's native resolution making it a small box on the screen instead. The only way around it (unless you know how to disable the native resolution setting) is to use a higher scaler so it doubles the pixels until it gets to the size of the native resolution.
lukaszsw

Post by lukaszsw »

it wasn't a black box but a image scaled to fit vertically but not horizontally. Anyway it had something to do with my graphics driver. The new one fixed the issue

One other thing that I found was that Ctrl-Alt-A worked in game but the feature to correct aspect ration didn't work from the scummvm console (either in game settings or scummvm general settings)