How many savegames files per game ?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

JLK

How many savegames files per game ?

Post by JLK »

Hi! :)

ScummVM is a very great project and I LOVE it.

I have a question because I don't know if I see a problem or if it's a feature : I can't use more than 80 savegame files. Is it a limitation of the original games, or a bug of scummVM?

Thank for your answers.

EDIT: I'm using 0.13.1 (Windows) and SVN builds (Ubuntu GNU/Linux 8.04 LTS). :)
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

That depends on the game in question.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

You really made me curious how you see a 80 savegame cap as a limitation...
Are you trying to have a savegame at every single location of a game in every single state so that every artwork ingame is one load away?

Anyway, I believe you can add the same game at least twice to ScummVM.
The two games then maintain their own savegame list. This should enable you to go passed the 80 cap.
Obviously, if you are playing Game Instance A and want to load something from Game Instance B, you will have to go though the ScummVM main menu.
JLK

Post by JLK »

Thanks for your replies. :)

I can see it's possible to make 99 slots in the Load Menu. During the launched game (ie: Monkey Island 2), there 80 available slots. I can't make anymore more save files.

EDIT : I forgot to tell you it's the first time I'm playing these oldies. Therefore, I don't know how are the "game behaviours".
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

JLK wrote:Thanks for your replies. :)

I can see it's possible to make 99 slots in the Load Menu. During the launched game (ie: Monkey Island 2), there 80 available slots. I can't make anymore more save files.

EDIT : I forgot to tell you it's the first time I'm playing these oldies. Therefore, I don't know how are the "game behaviours".
I don't know what particular game you are playing, but in most games it is not necessary to save all the time.
JLK

Post by JLK »

Nikioko wrote:
JLK wrote:Thanks for your replies. :)

I don't know what particular game you are playing, but in most games it is not necessary to save all the time.
Ok, offcourse, this is not necessary, but i like to see many (homouristics) actions again. ;)