Who are you? Introduce yourself!

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

jakayang

Who are you? Introduce yourself!

Post by jakayang »

okay.
Last edited by jakayang on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

We have a kind of introduction thread going on here

I doubt many people would want to leave more personal info then that on a public forum. Having your real id traceable (by search engines) to all your online nicks is not such a good idea in this day an age.
smithdavid4321

Post by smithdavid4321 »

Hi jakayang, This is Smith from UK and i am new for this site. I am interested in searching about new games, technologies, etc and i found this is very exciting site for that, i also found one solution of my problem from the posted forum. Thanks and keep in touch.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Like the poster above me which seems to be one of the new "intelligent" bots...

see the meaningless signature?
There are quite a few around lately
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Raziel wrote:Like the poster above me which seems to be one of the new "intelligent" bots...

see the meaningless signature?
There are quite a few around lately
Like... WHAT???
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@Nikioko
bobdevis wrote:Having your real id traceable (by search engines) to all your online nicks is not such a good idea in this day an age.
smithdavid4321 wrote:Hi jakayang, This is Smith from UK and i am new for this site. I am interested in searching about new games, technologies, etc and i found this is very exciting site for that, i also found one solution of my problem from the posted forum. Thanks and keep in touch.
What specifically do you think has the post from that smith character to do with the ongoing thread?
Apart from the fact that it's kept quite common and would fit in nearly every thread on these forums?
(Paying credit to the fact it fits perfectly in a "Introduce yourself" thread, that is)

What about the problem which was solved for him?

That (obviously) and the gibberish in it's signature tells *me* that this is a bot, waiting to spam the forums.

I could be wrong, of course, but i doubt it, as i have seen those bots on some forums lately.

Sorry, i wouldn't want to confuse you ;-)

EDIT: Oh, btw, when the bot gets reactivated, the signature will normally turn into a pay site link or something like that...
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

I still don't get it. What's up with the signature? Disque dur is the french work for harddrive - so what? It isn't gibberish to me, or better, it is not more meaningless than other signatures...

The other thing about the solved problem is a bit strange indeed, that's why I don't understand the purpose of the post at all.