Where to place Disworld enhanced music?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rtr86

Where to place Disworld enhanced music?

Post by rtr86 »

Hi all,

The Enhanced Music Pack for Disworld seems great, i've downloaded the music file and extracted the .rar - do I just copy the fiels to my discworld folder now? I ask only as I do not see the original files they would replace.

Mnay thanks,
Vegan

Post by Vegan »

From what I understand, what he released was a soundtrack of sorts of his redone music, just to listen to. The actual thing hasn't been released yet.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Vegan wrote:From what I understand, what he released was a soundtrack of sorts of his redone music, just to listen to. The actual thing hasn't been released yet.
Hm, no I'm pretty sure there was an official release announcement on the ScummVM website a few months ago. Simply dropping 01-99.ogg into whatever directory you have the Discworld data files in should make it automatically use them for music.
Vegan

Post by Vegan »

This is what it said back in January:

"With permission from legendary author Terry Pratchett himself, the Discworld enhanced soundtrack (version 2.0) will be released in full and compatible with ScummVM in the future when hopefully we expect the freeware version of the game will be made available to the public to enjoy all over again."

I'm assuming that the source code is going to be used to make this work, and that's why they're waiting for the freeware status before releasing the real deal? Of course, the Simon soundtrack worked just fine simply by dropping the files in, so I could be wrong.
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Just get the daily build and try. If it doesn't work, it is not supported yet.