Version for older Macs?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Covarr

Version for older Macs?

Post by Covarr »

I've got an older Mac, a Performa 6320 with 120MHz processor and 48MB RAM, and Mac OS 8.1. Is there any version of ScummVM that will run on a machine with these specs, and is compatible with the old HE adventure games?

(No, don't worry, I don't use this outdated atrocity as my main computer. We're going to set it up for my younger brother with a ton of educational games and such, like Reading Maze, but the only HE game we have the mac version of is Putt-Putt & Fatty Bear's Activity Pack, and we were hoping to put the other ones we have on here too.)
Morden

Post by Morden »

It's a machine from mid nineties, so I wouldn't count on ScummVM running on it, but why use an emulator if you can run original Mac titles? Unless you only own DOS / Windows ones.
Covarr

Post by Covarr »

You hit the nail on the head there. I've only got the Mac version of one game (Putt&Fatty's ActPack), the other Humongous Entertainment games I've got are all Windows or DOS versions.

It's not a huge deal if there's no version of scummvm that'll run on this hardware, because I've got a massive collection of other Mac games that it will run, but I was hoping that maybe it just might work :)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

No, ScummVM was never ported to MacOS 9. SO, no luck there.

As of HE games, yes, original ones, from HE, and some from Infogrames were running on MacOS 9 natively (the CD-ROMs were dual Win/MacOS). Only at Atari time they stopped to provide those.

Eugene