Cursor gone?! (Monkey Island)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CipherCraft

Cursor gone?! (Monkey Island)

Post by CipherCraft »

I tried this in the PSP port forums, to no avail:

Hi,

Initially, I had a cross hair cursor for MI1. But suddenly, after a saved game, it became a dash and a block. Now, after several more saved games, it has completely vanished! :(

It's very hard to navigate the map, let alone scare away the seagul. ;)

Anyone have this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

tia,
CipherCraft
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

No problems here.

Which version of MI? Which version of ScummVM? Which version firmware on your PSP?
CipherCraft

Post by CipherCraft »

Monkey Island 1 (English (US)/DOS)
Firmware 2.00
EBoot loader 0.8.5
ScummVM 0.8.1

I have gfx and audio setting all on default, btw. And I've played Flight of the Amazon Queen without any problems.

If I start a fresh game of MI1, I get a cursor. When I load a saved game of which I know the cursor was gone, the cursor will be gone again. :cry:

tia,
CipherCraft
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Can't reproduce it here by starting the game, playing a bit, while saving and loading occasionally.

Does this only happen when you load this 'broken' savegame? Any idea when it started happening or what you did to cause it?
Can you make it happen when starting a new game from scratch?
CipherCraft

Post by CipherCraft »

Hi,

I'm unsure when it started. The first weird cursor - the dash and block combo - was awhile back. The cursor was gone after the sword fighting lessons.

I'll try to make it happen again when starting from scratch; this will take quite some time, since I only have a couple of minutes time to play each day. :o(

Here http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=722 someone has the same problem (different game) after changing some audio settings. I think I've tried 'playing' with these too, but am unsure of when during the game...

tia,
CipherCraft
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Aha. Looks like a general SCUMM engine bug and not port specific.
You might want to file a proper bug report once you gather some more information.

Btw, there's no point in signing your posts, as your name is already clearly shown next to the post.
shole

Post by shole »

exact same problem with atlantis -> filing bug report
though, i used a save on pc port, that was made on a s60 mobile port
works, but cursor messed up