The Dig Rat Trap error in ScummVM release .13.1

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CASurfer

The Dig Rat Trap error in ScummVM release .13.1

Post by CASurfer »

In the new release I am unable to trap the rat in The DIG and unable to go further. I was reading about it in Ver 12 and was fixed, but in ver 13.1 it will not work...the rat just gets away.. is it a glitch or something more.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: The Dig Rat Trap error in ScummVM release .13.1

Post by eriktorbjorn »

CASurfer wrote:In the new release I am unable to trap the rat in The DIG and unable to go further. I was reading about it in Ver 12 and was fixed, but in ver 13.1 it will not work...the rat just gets away.. is it a glitch or something more.
Hard to tell from your description. I haven't played the game myself, but it's always been reported as completable (sometimes with minor glitches) since we started documenting the release testing process.

If you could file a bug report and attach a savegame just before the problem happens, someone else might be able to reproduce your problem.
Vegan

Post by Vegan »

It worked in the 1.0 svn build, at the very least. I think it's supposed to be kind of a pain in the ass to catch it, actually.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Sounds to me like you are just not doing it right. You have to walk in a certain pattern to steer the rat in the right direction.
CASurfer

Post by CASurfer »

Where is the saved file located??
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

CASurfer wrote:Where is the saved file located??
I'm not sure where they are stored by default - it probably depends on which operating system you're using - but you can override it by setting the Save Path in the options dialog.
CASurfer

Post by CASurfer »

Posted file on bug report..