Broken Sword 2 still no speech issue

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

macacom

Broken Sword 2 still no speech issue

Post by macacom »

Hey guys,
I didn't want to post this, but i can't make the speech work.
I got de DC version, I copied all of the files, do the hard drive.
I did the speech and music changes ("speech"cd1 to "speech1.clu" and "speech"cd2 to speech2.clu), but Scumm still refuses to read this files, there are simpoly no sound at the game.
My scumm version is 0.13 and my pc is a dual-core 2.5, 4gbram, WXP-SP3.
please help me!!!!!!!!!
Graxer

Re: Broken Sword 2 still no speech issue

Post by Graxer »

macacom wrote:I got de DC version
"DC" meaning Dreamcast (presumably running on an emulator), or is it meant to say "PC"?

Here is the files that should be in the folder: (the icon won't be there unless you added it manually)

macacom

Post by macacom »

I meant director's cut.
yeah I'm using the PC version.
macacom

Post by macacom »

Strange, some of the files aren't in the cd.
I'm not sure what happened
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

What do you mean by Broken Sword 2 Directors Cut? A directors cut only exists of the original. (And that is only for the Wii and DS) :?

If you mean the Director's Cut of the original, as far as I know the only way to access the files in the Director's Cut version (as it is for the Wii and DS, both of which's disks cannot be read through a PC) is by downloading it or using illegal homebrew to make your own image. If this is the case you are unlikely to get support in these forums due to forum rule #0 here:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=17
macacom

Post by macacom »

sorry man.
I am brasilian and my game box is in portuguese
and don't really know how to translate it to english.
so i asked the help of a friend.
i think we translated it worng : ( i am sorry.
i have the original game here, but in portuguese.
if you still could help me i would appreciate
thank you and i am sorry for any disturbing
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

It's hard to say anything for sure, but one possibility is if you accidentally mixed up the speech files so that your speech1.clu is the one from the second CD and your speech2.clu is the one from the first.

If that's the case, you would probably hear speech when examining objects you are carrying, since many of them will be there for the entire game, so the speech for them are present in both files.

(If so, I suppose you may also have gotten the music files mixed up.)
macacom

Post by macacom »

i dont think i got the files worng, because i can not hear any sound in the game, just the scenarios sound, like birds singing : (
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

You mentioned in your original post that...
macacom wrote: I did the speech and music changes ("speech"cd1 to "speech1.clu" and "speech"cd2 to speech2.clu)
Do you mean that the file on the CD is displayed simply as "speech", rather than "speech.clu"? If so, it could be that Windows thinks that it recognizes .clu files, and hides the extension. It may be simpler to look at Paris.clu on your hard disk. Is it shown as "Paris.clu", or just as "Paris"?

If it's the latter, there is a slight possibility that you have actually named the speech files "speech1.clu.clu" and "speech2.clu.clu", which ScummVM won't find. The music files would likely have the same problem.
macacom

Post by macacom »

Dude, you are a genius!
I mean a great real genius!!!!!!!!!
It worked!!!! I'm so glad! I'll finish the game again just to here de speeches hehe

thanks man!
i own you a big one