Can't Load Savegames at: Simon 1&2 and at Woodruff

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lanategra

Can't Load Savegames at: Simon 1&2 and at Woodruff

Post by lanategra »

Hello,

I put Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2 and Woodruff and the schnibble of Azimuth on my Windows XP System.

If I start ScummVM the Load-Button is grey at Simon 1&2 and at Woodruff.
I can't load any Savegame.
Simon the Sorcerer 1 is from 1994, PC CD-ROM, German Version, no notes about Windows.
Simon the Sorcerer 2 is Windows 95 / DOS Version, PC CD-ROM
Woodruff is a Windows 3.1 Version, german, 1994 Sierra Originals, PC CD-ROM

thx4help
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Can't Load Savegames at: Simon 1&2 and at Woodruff

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lanategra wrote: If I start ScummVM the Load-Button is grey at Simon 1&2 and at Woodruff.
I can't load any Savegame.
I assume you're talking about ScummVM's save/load dialog. Not all game engines support that, sometimes for technical reasons, sometimes because no one has taken the time to make it work.

However, in those cases the game's own save/load dialog should work. I don't remember off-hand how Woodruff does it, but in Simon the Sorcerer you use the postcard in your inventory. (The game tells you this if you examine the postcard.)
lanategra

Post by lanategra »

aha, thanks

I thought i only can save/load with ScummVM because i start the game with ScummVM.

mfg
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

The save/load button is disable for all gob games (including Woodruff) as this feature is scripted in the engine. There's no way to recreate this behavior outside the engine. This is why the button is greyed.

In the game, you have the possibility to save and load using the game interface. For this, go in the upper part of the screen, the game interface will appear