Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis help needed

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

chkiron

Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis help needed

Post by chkiron »

Hi!

I am playing Fate Of Atlantis again, after more than ten years after my first time in a 486 pc :)

But I am having a problem: in the Algiers Desert, I am unable to land. I do not know if this is a problem with scummVm or with my brain - more likely, the last option ;)

I read a lot of walkthroughs, but they simply say that I have to land in the nomad camps. However, I don't know how to do it. Could anyone please help me here with a hint ?

Best regards,

chkiron
dreammaster
ScummVM Developer

Post by dreammaster »

It's been a while since I played the game too, but as I recall, when you change direction left or right your balloon goes up/down a bit respectively, so you need to keep changing direction in a spiral loop to decrease your altitude enough to land.
Forget_the_Rest

Post by Forget_the_Rest »

but as I recall, when you change direction left or right your balloon goes up/down a bit respectively, so you need to keep changing direction in a spiral loop to decrease your altitude enough to land.
This is correct.
Ceri Cat

Post by Ceri Cat »

Uh huh, and in team mode when you move over the dig site you will get shot down. From memory Left Click will descend right will ascend and turn clockwise and anti clockwise.
Sophia365

IJ Fate of Atlantis: I've lost Sophia, Help!

Post by Sophia365 »

Hi there, I need some help too: At Barnett College, I somehow convinced Sophia that she didn't need to accompany me to Monte Carlo (because I didn't know she was supposed to!!) so now I've found myself alone in Monte Carlo and Algiers and I can't do anything because I'm told Sophia is meant to be there to get anything done...

And I, uh *ahem* haven't saved at all since I started so do I need to start from the beginning again? Because I can't even go back to Barnett College to get Sophia - I can only go to Algiers and Monte Carlo and back.

I'm screwed, right..?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Sophia only comes with you on the Team path. You have chosen either the Wits path or the Fists path. You do not need to start from the beginning again.
Sophia365

Post by Sophia365 »

But there's nothing for me to do in Monte Carlo except talk to people on the street, how am I supposed to get that guy to come up for a reading with Sophia when Sophia is MIA?

And I'm told there's a whole knife-throwing and hot air balloon thing in Algiers that I need her for..

What do I next?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Sophia365 wrote:But there's nothing for me to do in Monte Carlo except talk to people on the street, how am I supposed to get that guy to come up for a reading with Sophia when Sophia is MIA?
From what I remember, you don't. The Wits, Fists and Team paths have different puzzles for the middle part of the game, so you probably have to do something completely different. You can find more specific hints at the UHS Hints page for the game. (The page is not related to the ScummVM project, but I find it useful.)
ERKAN

Post by ERKAN »

Look, I may be wrong, cause the last time I played FoA with all 3 paths was a year ago but to pass the game alone, you need to speak to Trotier and he'll give you his card, depending on whether you have the wits or fists path you'll either have to get a fez from the man with the red fez or Paul Abdul will already be wearing it so you will just need to give trotier's card to Jabbar's servant then you'll chase him through the whole city until he dissapears and you now know where Omar Al Jabbar lives, then you'll need to either fight the nazi or trap Jabbar in his closet (Sorry if it spoiled the fun)
P.S. I prefer these 2 paths cause then I get to play in Terra!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

Correct. The knife throwing und air ballooning in Algiers is only in the team mode. In the fist mode you just go to Alain Trottier, answer to his questions and get his card for recommendation. Same for the wits mode, except that you have to return to Monte Carlo later and free Trottier from the Nazis to get the sun stone. Or in short: the puzzles are completely in the middle part (except for Crete, where they are quite similar).
ERKAN

Post by ERKAN »

Oh, I also forgot, in these 2 paths, you'll use the camel to find the nazi camp and in wits path you avoid Arabian Officers and you can bribe them twice, in fists path you avoid nazi officers or fight them
The air baloon part for this part of the game is in the wits path when your air balloon falls on the nazi submarine, in fists path it's just like in the demo, when you dive from a ship to atlantis and Kerner cuts your air supply so you have 3 minutes to find the entrance cave to atlantis!
Nikioko

Post by Nikioko »

ERKAN wrote:in wits path you avoid Arabian Officers and you can bribe them twice,

If you don't give the fez to Paul Abdul, you can even bribe them thrice.

The air baloon part for this part of the game is in the wits path when your air balloon falls on the nazi submarine, in fists path it's just like in the demo, when you dive from a ship to atlantis and Kerner cuts your air supply so you have 3 minutes to find the entrance cave to atlantis!
In the wits path you build the balloon on Thera and have to land on the nazi u-boat, in the fist path you have to steal the balloon at the dig site and land on Crete.
Sophia365

Post by Sophia365 »

I need help again! I'm on the submarine!! So I'm doing quite well I think :) Only I'm trying to steer the sub now and I kept being told "the rudder's locked!" but I've already unlocked it with that tiny key - what more do they want??
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

I had that. you're going in reverse or something. you need to change the direction of the sub.