King's Quest IV - Perils of Rosella AGI crash

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jarkovsky

King's Quest IV - Perils of Rosella AGI crash

Post by Jarkovsky »

I just recently tracked down a copy of the AGI version of King's Quest IV and was stoked when I found out that ScummVM supported it.

Initially it ran like a dream but I came across a consistent crash that sends me back to the desktop whenever I attempt to swim from any screen that has land attached to it into the wide ocean. No matter where I start, whenever I try to exit the screen to the west the game just dies.

I tried running it in DosBox and it crashed as well but gave me a "wrong disk inserted" error message.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

I don't own the AGI version, but it sounds like -- for ScummVM at least -- you are either missing some datafiles, or some files on your discs have gotten corrupted over time. Sounds like it could be the latter if it crashes in DOSBox too. Make sure you've copied all of the required files from all of the discs.

Also, running ScummVM from the command line and seeing what the output in the console is after crashing could help track down the problem.
Collector

Post by Collector »

You have downloaded an illegal copy that is floating around the internet that is missing the disk that includes the part of the game where Genesta's castle is.