scumm and lucas arts mega pack and monkey island

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tbdsaints

scumm and lucas arts mega pack and monkey island

Post by tbdsaints »

i need some help my friend just gave me a file of alot of the old lucas arts games with scumm and im a big monkey island fan so he gave me all of them too i got the first 3 to work but not the 4th i tried to do it the same way as the third but it doesnt work can any one help me i have the same problem with a couple of the other games like grim fandango
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

hurr durr compatibility list. Scummvm isn't an all games launcher.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The Residual project should eventually support Grim Fandango, and possibly Escape From Monkey Island. Unfortunately, it doesn't have enough developers to make any rapid progress, so while it remains impressive from a programmer's point of view it's not yet very satisfying from a player's point of view.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

As Mataku said ScummVM isn't compatable with all the classic LucasArts games. However there is a seperate project that is connected to ScummVM called Residual:

http://residual.sourceforge.net/

Residual is designed to run Grim Fandago, and Monkey Island 4 is planned for the future. It is also important to note that Grim Fandango support isn't complete yet so you won't be able to complete the game unless you just play it as a windows program without using Residual.
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

Also, it doesn't sound like you really own legit copies of these games which would violate Forum Rule #0.