Full throttle

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Morden

Post by Morden »

I haven't had any problems with Version B either, and I have finished it on the DS [with extra RAM], PSP and Windows XP. Must be a Mac thing, then.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Morden wrote:I haven't had any problems with Version B either, and I have finished it on the DS [with extra RAM], PSP and Windows XP. Must be a Mac thing, then.
No, it's not a Mac issue. There is a crash in the costume renderer (see the bug report). However, it's a cutscene not needed to complete the game.

I can't speak for the other bug described in the opening post. I know that I was able to complete the game (Mac OS X + Full Throttle DOS Version B) for 1.1.0 release testing.
killerking =ulms=

Post by killerking =ulms= »

criezy wrote:
killerking =ulms= wrote:I'll post a bug report tomorrow, when I'll create an account for that website.
Is that the same bug as this one (that has been reported recently): http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=418820? If so there is no need to create a new bug report. But you might want to comment on the existing one if you have additional information.
I don't have anything to add to the bug report. I guess the bug that causes the other cutscene to end will be fixed when this one is fixed, so I think there's no need to upload another bugreport (thus saving me the trouble of creating an account)
Dapperchap

Post by Dapperchap »

I have the same problem but in addition to the mentioned cut sceens, the part when ben is in corley motors projector room. He turns the lamp on full for the projector and the game then carshed out.

Also someone mentioned that it worked fine on their pc, ds, ect... and concluded that it might be a Mac fault. Im sure thats not the case as im running it on a PC (XP) and experencing the same issues.
FatDragon

Post by FatDragon »

I haven't gotten past the Cave Fish cave yet, so I can't vouch for the later cutscenes, but I have the same issues as have been mentioned with the cutscene of the Cave Fish chasing me out. I'm running version B on 1.1.1, and I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64, so it's not Mac specific.

Interestingly, if I exit the screen with the ramp in it without attaching the ramp, the app crashes directly, so once I'm in, I can't get out one way or the other. This being my first time playing this far in the game (as a kid I could never even get my bike fixed), I don't know this thing about the signs, but I suppose the best solution is to figure it out before I go in next time (that can be done, right?).
Dapperchap

Post by Dapperchap »

FatDragon,

If you are experiencing the same issue as me (I'm amusing you are)then you can progress in the game. It will only crash if you do the task incorrectly and get the bad cut scene.

(Game spoiler alert! This will walk you though the cave and your error. If you want to figure it out yourself do not read on)

If you detach the ramp in the cave one room/screen change after the one you found it in and use it to take the cats eyes of the road, reattach it to the bike and drive off. You will then get the good cut scene that works. You will then be able to progress in the game after that point. Although once in Corley Motors projector room (if you experience the same problem as me) you will be stuck since the good cut scene has the error.

all the best.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

FatDragon wrote:I'm running version B on 1.1.1, and I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium x64, so it's not Mac specific.
Does it happen with the daily snapshot version of ScummVM too? The bug report that was mentioned earlier in the thread was supposedly fixed on May 9, but of course there might be other problems as well.
kibblesnbits0515

After Cavefish problem...

Post by kibblesnbits0515 »

After I leave the Cavefish's cave, Ben looks into the gorge and has monologue. However, all I hear is a bunch of nonsense about the junkyard at the beginning of the game. Stuff like "That's one bad dog.", "Those are the forks I need.", etc. It seems like the game is going through the junkyard folder (I know this isn't actually what's happening, stay with me) and playing every sound bite it has. It is driving me nuts! Help!!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: After Cavefish problem...

Post by eriktorbjorn »

kibblesnbits0515 wrote:However, all I hear is a bunch of nonsense about the junkyard at the beginning of the game. Stuff like "That's one bad dog.", "Those are the forks I need.", etc.
Odd. I don't have any savegames near that spot, but I assume it's playing something from monster.sou, and at least in other games I believe the game script just tells it which position in the file to play from. So it sounds like either the script is using the wrong position, or the sound file contains the wrong length of the sound. (Or the sound file comes from a different version of the game, but that should have been noticeable way earlier than this.)

Either of these could mean a file has become damaged somehow, so before trying anything else you may want to try and copy the files from your game CD again. Strange as it may seem, that has turned out to be the solution for quite a few mysterious bug reports.

Or it could be a new bug that no one has noticed before.
kibblesnbits0515

Re: After Cavefish problem...

Post by kibblesnbits0515 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
kibblesnbits0515 wrote:However, all I hear is a bunch of nonsense about the junkyard at the beginning of the game. Stuff like "That's one bad dog.", "Those are the forks I need.", etc.
Odd. I don't have any savegames near that spot, but I assume it's playing something from monster.sou, and at least in other games I believe the game script just tells it which position in the file to play from. So it sounds like either the script is using the wrong position, or the sound file contains the wrong length of the sound. (Or the sound file comes from a different version of the game, but that should have been noticeable way earlier than this.)

Either of these could mean a file has become damaged somehow, so before trying anything else you may want to try and copy the files from your game CD again. Strange as it may seem, that has turned out to be the solution for quite a few mysterious bug reports.

Or it could be a new bug that no one has noticed before.
Well, I started from the autosave, and after a few extra minutes of work, I reached the problem spot and it worked fine. I just beat the game with no problems, except a little one-time bus error. I guess the save data was corrupt or something. Thanks for the help anyways!
gerbick

Post by gerbick »

I'm currently running ScummVM 1.1.1 (May 4, 2010 build) on Maemo 4.1 (Diablo) on my Nokia N810 and I've copied, retried, restarted and still cannot get past the scene going towards Mine Road.

I have Full Throttle Version B and I get the following error after the scene with the wrecked car and the hover parts:

Code: Select all

ERROR: (13:82:0xDB0): Unknown Chunk found at a2f48: ...K, -1074968705!
Any help?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@gerbick

These kind of errors normally point toward bad data files
Grab your copy of the game and reinstall
gerbick

Post by gerbick »

Raziel wrote:@gerbick

Thanks. Copied everything over and got past that one area only to be unable to get out of the cave. There is no error, it just closes.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

gerbick wrote:
Raziel wrote:@gerbick

Thanks. Copied everything over and got past that one area only to be unable to get out of the cave. There is no error, it just closes.
mmh, do you hvae savegame handy?
calao

Post by calao »

I'm using the version b in windows xp.

First do as Dapperchap says to get the good cut seen in the cave, for the rest of the game just change the Graphics mode to HQ2x or HQ3x and/or the render mode, and you should be fine.