Full throttle Excluded Files

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

simonbelmont2

Full throttle Excluded Files

Post by simonbelmont2 »

According to http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... l_Throttle you must to exclude some files from the data folder and the video folder.
My question is: why do I have to exclude the files from the data folder and the video folder?
I searched on the forum for an answer but without any luck.
Can somebody help me with an explanation?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Full throttle Excluded Files

Post by eriktorbjorn »

simonbelmont2 wrote: My question is: why do I have to exclude the files from the data folder and the video folder?
I doubt that you have to exclude them. Someone has probably just figured out somehow that they aren't used. At least, I've read that there is some unused artwork in some files, so perhaps that's related.
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

I believe the list only tells you the minimum set of files you need to play the game with ScummVM. So in that case it only means you don't need those files for ScummVM, not that you have to remove them (I guess it should play fine if the files are present - it will just ignore them).
simonbelmont2

Post by simonbelmont2 »

Oh, I understand now.
Thank you very much for your answers :D
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You don't have to exclude them, from my understanding they're never used in-game, thus they only take up space
clone2727
Retired

Re: Full throttle Excluded Files

Post by clone2727 »

eriktorbjorn wrote:At least, I've read that there is some unused artwork in some files, so perhaps that's related.
Those are in the main SCUMM files.
bingobot

Post by bingobot »

I've actually tried this, and it doesnt work. Scumm required some other files too that isnt listed. some sort of .rip file
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

bingobot wrote:I've actually tried this, and it doesnt work. Scumm required some other files too that isnt listed. some sort of .rip file
My Full Throttle CD has four .rip files in the "data" folder. I believe that's all ScummVM needs (some sort of colour palettes, by the looks of it), and if so they would be covered by the "DATA folder, EXCEPT files" section.
bingobot

Post by bingobot »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
bingobot wrote:I've actually tried this, and it doesnt work. Scumm required some other files too that isnt listed. some sort of .rip file
My Full Throttle CD has four .rip files in the "data" folder. I believe that's all ScummVM needs (some sort of colour palettes, by the looks of it), and if so they would be covered by the "DATA folder, EXCEPT files" section.
Roger that, gonna test FT now with only the files listed here http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... l_Throttle

+ the .rip files

or have i misunderstood it all? those files listed, are those the files that are unnecessary ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

bingobot wrote: or have i misunderstood it all? those files listed, are those the files that are unnecessary ?
Where it says, for instance...
DATA folder, EXCEPT files:
  • BENBIKE.NUT
  • CHASEBEN.SAN
  • ROADRASH.NUT
  • ROADRSH2.NUT
... it means the DATA folder, and every file inside it except for those four particular files. In my case, the DATA folder contains 60 files, and apparently 56 of them are used. (Even so, you don't have to remove those four, of course. It's just that according to whoever made the list, it won't harm the game if you do.)