Any ubuntu repository of svn builds?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

Yeah? If this forum had a poll option i'd make a poll consisting of this question:
Did you know scummvm launcher had a mass add feature before coming to these forums?
1)Yes
2)No
3)What mass add?

Just to get some empirical data to see who is being willful.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Serious Callers Only wrote:Yeah? If this forum had a poll option i'd make a poll consisting of this question:
Did you know scummvm launcher had a mass add feature before coming to these forums?
1)Yes
2)No
3)What mass add?
That's entirely beside the point.
We told you, several times, that you should read the README. You said "Nooo, I don't read READMEs" and then continued to prod in wrong directions. That's the clearest example of willful ignorance I've seen this week.

The amount of people knowing about a feature you care about (and they might not) doesn't enter there.
Serious Callers Only wrote:Just to get some empirical data to see who is being willful.
That...doesn't even make any sense o_O
Serious Callers Only
Got a warning

Post by Serious Callers Only »

Well, always thought that in linux the "documentation" IS the man page.

That i did read immediately (even before).

The willful is a snipe at what i was thinking you were referencing with the comment - the average user - knowledge that there are hidden graphical options that are more useful at the first configuration.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Serious Callers Only wrote:Well, always thought that in linux the "documentation" IS the man page.
And, as you can see, the man page gives you the command line arguments, nothing really about GUI / in-game usage.

Also on GNU/Linux, the /usr/share/doc/ branch is quite popular. And not just since yesterday.
[EDIT: I forgot that you built from source, and I'm not sure our built scripts actually copy the README]
criezy
ScummVM Developer

Post by criezy »

We are aware that the Mass Add button is not obvious. There has been a feature request to improve it in our tracker for about a year and further discussion in the mailing list. For the moment nobody found the time to work on it though.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Serious Callers Only wrote:And you know how those open source developers are about accessibility, you forget about it. Until you learn of it much much much later. Then you might think of why there is even an alternate mode. If you think a little bit you might realize...
Thank you for enlightening us after 9 years of the project development.

The topic is closed.

Eugene