fascination floppy

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

fascination floppy

Post by scoriae »

Hello all.

Having installed fascination (the floppy version), I references the required files page and it states:

*.stk
*.imd
*.ang (if exist)

My floppy install has the following files that meet this criteria:
Disk0.stk
Disk1.stk
Disk2.stk
Disk3.stk
TIRA.IMD
TIRB.IMD

ScummVM however does not recognize any game in the directory. I just tried the latest SVN (August 29, 2010, 1:06 pm). Am i missing anything?

Thanks for any assistance.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Hi,

Could you check what's written in the console? You should find the MD5s we need to detect properly your game. We also need the version (PC/Amiga/Atari) and if PC, the number of floppies. And in any case, the language, too.

Regards,
Strangerke
Collector

Post by Collector »

Those look like the install files. Use DOSBox to extract/concatenate/expand the game's resources, then copy the data files.
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Collector, you're wrong. Those are the files expected, so the game is already installed. The problem is somewhere else, and the console will help.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

scoriae,

Also check the console is not giving you a message about your game being cracked (we don't support such versions).

From looking at the source something like

"WARNING: Illegitimate copy of the game detected. We give no support in such cases!"

would be displayed in the console along with the MD5 that was found.

It currently does not display this inside the GUI but that's something that should change in time.

John