Choosing Windows or Dos?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

joelphilippage

Choosing Windows or Dos?

Post by joelphilippage »

I was trying to test an SCI game(Quest for Glory IV) with svn52440. The game runs, but it runs the Dos version. Is there a way to run it in Windows?
Thanks.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Sorry, but your question is not clear at all.

Let me try to guess. ScummVM runs whatever version of the game you own. So if it was DOS one, ScummVM will run it. In order to run Win version you have to get copy of it and the feed it to ScummVM.

Eugene
joelphilippage

Post by joelphilippage »

I can run the windows version. It is available. I've tried running King's Quest VI and it gives me the option when I load the game to run with Windows, or Dos. This has only been added recently, but is not available with QFG4. Am I missing something, or will that feature be added later?
I apologize for not making myself more clear.
KuroShiro

Re: Choosing Windows or Dos?

Post by KuroShiro »

joelphilippage wrote:I was trying to test an SCI game(Quest for Glory IV) with svn52440. The game runs, but it runs the Dos version. Is there a way to run it in Windows?
Thanks.
QFG4 isn't really supported yet, as it's an SCI2.1 game and still in the eary stages. There's not a big difference between the Dos and Windows versions anyway as far as I remember, besides smaller icons on the Windows one.

Oh, and Sev, for my copy at least (QFG collection) includes data for both the Windows and DOS versions of QFG4CD. I believe he's asking why the Windows version isn't detected along with the DOS.
Last edited by KuroShiro on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joelphilippage

Post by joelphilippage »

Thanks for the help. There was a special reason I needed that version, but I can wait.
Collector

Post by Collector »

Even the floppy version of QfG4 came with both interpreters. Outside of the cursors, the main difference between the two is the opening sequence for the DOS version uses FLYTHRU.SEQ and the Windows uses FLYTHRU.AVI.