Freddi Fish Maze Madness not working

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

legoking831

Freddi Fish Maze Madness not working

Post by legoking831 »

I am using the 1999 updated version of maze, and when I add the game, it doesn't say (Windows/English) even when I set it to those. What's worse is that when I try to run the game, it crashes. This doesn't happen on the original release, so I have no clue what's wrong with it.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

You could start with finding out what the abort error is:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=8440
legoking831

Post by legoking831 »

Thanks for the link! It says:
readMAXS<52> failed to read MAXS data!
I can't quite figure out what the problem is. I tried searching that error, and all I get is "use the latest build". I AM using the latest build!
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Try copying the data again from your CD and make sure that nothing was mangled while copying (e.g. compare sizes, md5sums etc)

These kind of errors normaly point to corrupt datafiles
legoking831

Post by legoking831 »

Raziel wrote:Try copying the data again from your CD and make sure that nothing was mangled while copying (e.g. compare sizes, md5sums etc)

These kind of errors normaly point to corrupt datafiles
I swear to anything it's not corrupted. It runs perfectly without ScummVM. (Before you ask why I'm trying to run it with ScummVM, it's because I'm trying to rip the music)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

legoking831 wrote:I swear to anything it's not corrupted. It runs perfectly without ScummVM. (Before you ask why I'm trying to run it with ScummVM, it's because I'm trying to rip the music)
A regression then, perhaps? What happens if you try an older version of ScummVM? (You can find all released versions on the ScummVM project page on SourceForge.) I don't have this game myself, so I can't try it.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

The game works fine for me. (Daily Build)
legoking831

Post by legoking831 »

Sorry about the late reply. I think the game all in all just isn't supported. I tried the old builds, no luck. For the above post, like I said, I'm running the 1999 version, not the 1996 original. To my knowledge, the 1996 version works just fine. I guess I'll have to find it somewhere.
GeorgeQGreg

MAXS data error

Post by GeorgeQGreg »

The MAXS data error means that the game is running on one version of the engine and ScummVM thinks it's running on another.

Thus, it doesn't work.