scummvm 1.3.0svn build

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monster99f150
Got a warning

scummvm 1.3.0svn build

Post by monster99f150 »

I was able to simply go to downloads and get a 1.3.0 svn build for the iphone. but downloading the windows svn build gets me a 1.2.0 build. i want to test out hugo and rex nebular which work on the iphone version but not the windows. Where is this same build but for windows instead?
KuroShiro

Re: scummvm 1.3.0svn build

Post by KuroShiro »

monster99f150 wrote:I was able to simply go to downloads and get a 1.3.0 svn build for the iphone. but downloading the windows svn build gets me a 1.2.0 build. i want to test out hugo and rex nebular which work on the iphone version but not the windows. Where is this same build but for windows instead?
Both those engines are not officially supported yet so they will not be part of the current daily build, which is currently in testing for the 1.2.0 stable version. Once testing is over they should be enabled again.

If you want to get the 1.3.0 svn now, you will have to compile it yourself. See the wiki for instructions on how to do so.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

That's really not an acceptable answer. Why is it that the newest beta scummvm is available for the wii, iphone, wince, gamecube, dreamcast, gp2x, mac os, psp, but not the windows platform? All i get is a screw you go compile it yourself? I'm not a programmer.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

monster99f150 wrote:That's really not an acceptable answer. Why is it that the newest beta scummvm is available for the wii, iphone, wince, gamecube, dreamcast, gp2x, mac os, psp, but not the windows platform? All i get is a screw you go compile it yourself? I'm not a programmer.
Huh? A "Screw you"? "Unacceptable"? I answered your question as directly and succinctly as possible. A) I am not a member of the team and was just trying to help you, and B) ScummVM is free software and you are not entitled to make demands. ScummVM is in a testing phase right now. Deal with it and wait a couple weeks, or learn how to compile it. It is not terribly difficult and requires no knowledge of programming.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

monster99f150 wrote:That's really not an acceptable answer. Why is it that the newest beta scummvm is available for the wii, iphone, wince, gamecube, dreamcast, gp2x, mac os, psp, but not the windows platform? All i get is a screw you go compile it yourself? I'm not a programmer.
Whoa, calm down here. Your post doesn't really make us want to help you, but I will anyway because I can. Just being pissed off won't get you anywhere.

You don't need to compile to get a daily build for the trunk. You can always find one here.
monster99f150
Got a warning

Post by monster99f150 »

wow thanks man. I dont know why they dont list a nightly build for w32 under Windows CE ARM. There should be. oh well.
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Heh. Not even an apology. Nice.
MeddlingMonk

Post by MeddlingMonk »

I have the feeling the guy sees ScummVM as a business and himself as a customer...and of the genus who thinks they can bully and bluster their way to better service. Now that I'm no longer in that line of work, I find it very comical (especially since ScummVM isn't a business :wink: ).