Minimize scummvm windows problem, and disabled mouse on top

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kloppstock

Minimize scummvm windows problem, and disabled mouse on top

Post by Kloppstock »

Have encounter problems with scummvm and windows 7 i believe

both 32-bit and 64-bit installation have made a pact together (i found out about the 64-bit edition today first :oops:) that if you minimize the game once during game play you cant get back in game, instead the scummvm windows will try but then fall out to the desktop again, and just bring the black dos window on top

Its even worse with scummvm 64-bit edition, it start itself
minimized from the start, and its basically impossible to load the new yellow menu!!!!! because my Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 gets deactivated in windows as soon as i start scummvm, so i will be left out in windows with the mousepointer stuck in the upper left corner,

pressing alt-shift swapping windows wont get you into scumm either, just if you are wery lucky my research reveals, and you need tog get in, cause the only way to get control of windows mouse is to be able exit scum first,
the most annoying with this is that ctrl+alt+delete and its blue windows will get you back in control of your mouse, but as soon as you press your "task manager" in the hope of killing the active scumm process you are once again with no mouse control again

So there is two problems in one
minimizing windows wont get you back in-game and then the new disabled mouse that you gonna
need to ever get back in game, no matter what solution you guys have on the minimize problem
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

If you get yourself in a situation where you can't run ScummVM at all, you can remove the "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM" file to reset all the saved variables.
(AppData may be a hidden directory)

----

I'm not sure that having both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version both installed is a supported use case. They may be conflicting with each other.

---

If by "minimize the game once during game play" you mean "alt-tabbing out of fullscreen mode so that your monitor resolution is toggled" then there is no way currently to make it bug-free. There may be a slightly better solution in the future(libSDL 1.3) but for now I suggest forgetting about full-screen mode completely.
Kloppstock

Post by Kloppstock »

bobdevis wrote:If you get yourself in a situation where you can't run ScummVM at all, you can remove the "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM" file to reset all the saved variables.
(AppData may be a hidden directory)

----

I'm not sure that having both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version both installed is a supported use case. They may be conflicting with each other.

---

If by "minimize the game once during game play" you mean "alt-tabbing out of fullscreen mode so that your monitor resolution is toggled" then there is no way currently to make it bug-free. There may be a slightly better solution in the future(libSDL 1.3) but for now I suggest forgetting about full-screen mode completely.
Yes it was a hidden directory, but i found it...and concluded it was already empty,
that's not so strange either, since the installers i have used for several years didn't came with any....:o installer, just an already complete folder with all you need included a short cut ready to open the program directly, and now i have reformatted the computer and have therefore not saved anything inside application that can be stored on C:/ or should it have hade anyway :?:
Kloppstock

Post by Kloppstock »

Didn't see this rest of your post earlier
bobdevis wrote:I'm not sure that having both the 64 bit version and the 32 bit version both installed is a supported use case. They may be conflicting with each other.
Well none of the 2 are installed in the case you probably mean and wanna?? "windows 64bit zipfile" can you confirm that it is indeed ready to just click scummvm.exe and get started?

My 32-bit version i have used any installer on either,
i think i trashed it back in the days, and after each reformatting of C:/ i just create a new short cut to the old location on another hard drive, so that is why it cant exist any hidden files generated to C:/ from installation

So would you suggest me to download the "installer32-bit" (in lack of a 64-bit installer)
and see if it minimize itself also? since at least those resett files will be written to C:/ so i have something to resett just for the sake of resetting :lol:
bobdevis wrote: If by "minimize the game once during game play" you mean "alt-tabbing out of fullscreen mode so that your monitor resolution is toggled" then there is no way currently to make it bug-free. There may be a slightly better solution in the future(libSDL 1.3) but for now I suggest forgetting about full-screen mode completely.
Yeah that was a good description of what i mean, its just that i have never encounter this before, and then i have used same scummvm32 version for several years,

and when i see the 64-version exist as a possibly fix it also turn out acting the same, that is not likely

Im trying to remember when this occurred, but i cant be sure unfortunately...have it always minimized on windows 7 or did i infact played "flight of the amazon queen" some weeks ago without this problem, and that this issue is something created this week..and i have done something globally to computer that affects all scumm versions..

i installed windows 7 not long ago, that makes it hardder