Great android port for usability SDL 1.3.0svn54429

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cathalfm

Post by cathalfm »

Hi, I went to the link at the top of the page and downloaded the apk file. I tried to install it but I simply get the message "installation NOT successful" any ideas what wrong? (anyone)

I have a HTC desire, stock sense, running 2.2
dustyhayes

Post by dustyhayes »

@cathalfm

read the warning in the link.

"WARNING: for devices with "error downloading data from scummvm-svn55055-data.zip" problem

Please unzip scummvm-app-data.zip to sdcard

it temporary solution"

greets
cathalfm

Post by cathalfm »

dustyhayes wrote:@cathalfm

read the warning in the link.

"WARNING: for devices with "error downloading data from scummvm-svn55055-data.zip" problem

Please unzip scummvm-app-data.zip to sdcard

it temporary solution"

greets
Hi, I have no problem downloading the file, just installing it. I did try and use the unzipped other file anyway but it also gave the same message of installation not successful.

Am I missing something obvious, does the phone need to be rooted or anything?
gus
ScummVM Porter

Post by gus »

c0mrade2 wrote:Because I've installed also scummvm 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 from sourceforge, but after the chargement the screen became black and nothing happens.
If you are able to, please send me the Android log after this happens ("adb logcat" using the adb tool from the Android SDK).
The information in there will hopefully give us clues as to what went wrong on your device.
c0mrade2

Post by c0mrade2 »

gus wrote:
c0mrade2 wrote:Because I've installed also scummvm 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 from sourceforge, but after the chargement the screen became black and nothing happens.
If you are able to, please send me the Android log after this happens ("adb logcat" using the adb tool from the Android SDK).
The information in there will hopefully give us clues as to what went wrong on your device.
Sorry if I didn't thought it before :?
Here's the logcat: click
mintfresh

Post by mintfresh »

c0mrade2 wrote:
gus wrote:
I too have the same issue with 1.2.1 on my galaxy s I get the scummvm splash/loading screen then the onscreen keyboard pops up and nothing else happens no game selection etc nothing.
many thanks
Lan

Post by Lan »

cathalfm wrote:Hi, I went to the link at the top of the page and downloaded the apk file. I tried to install it but I simply get the message "installation NOT successful" any ideas what wrong? (anyone)

I have a HTC desire, stock sense, running 2.2
Might not be very helpful but sometimes if you don't have enough space you get an (un)helpful message saying install not successful...

i think the SDL needs about 22MB ish of internal memory to install?
I have a stock Desire too and I know I don't often have that much free memory to play around with without my phone complaining a lot at me!
Zodduska

Post by Zodduska »

When I launch this build, after configuration the ScummVM screen comes up I get a quiet static sound coming from my phone's speaker. All of the settings I've tried result in no sound during games, the static hiss continues until I quit the app.

Motorola Droid running Cyanogenmod 6.2.1
Knudow

Post by Knudow »

Hi.
This is the best ScummVM for Android I've tried, but I have a request.

While using "force 4:3 mode"... is it possible to move the on-screen buttons (The ones numbered (1, 2, 3, Es...)) to the "black" part of the screen?? (in a future release)

Placing those buttons in that part via the settings menu makes them invisible and unusable while playing. If I have free screen, It would be better to have the extra buttons there than in the gameplay zone.

Thanks.
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

Knudow wrote:Hi.
This is the best ScummVM for Android I've tried, but I have a request.

While using "force 4:3 mode"... is it possible to move the on-screen buttons (The ones numbered (1, 2, 3, Es...)) to the "black" part of the screen?? (in a future release)

Placing those buttons in that part via the settings menu makes them invisible and unusable while playing. If I have free screen, It would be better to have the extra buttons there than in the gameplay zone.

Thanks.
This request re-sended to pelya. His promised add this feature in future version of SDL-lib.
jobeus

Post by jobeus »

So there's nothing being done about the hardware keyboard in either official or unofficial versions? :(
Lan

Post by Lan »

mintfresh wrote:
c0mrade2 wrote:
gus wrote: If you are able to, please send me the Android log after this happens ("adb logcat" using the adb tool from the Android SDK).
I too have the same issue with 1.2.1 on my galaxy s I get the scummvm splash/loading screen then the onscreen keyboard pops up and nothing else happens no game selection etc nothing.
many thanks
I wondered if this was because you were running Gingerbread....
kblood

Post by kblood »

It helped me to restart try starting ScummVM again after it had crashed the first time on my Galaxy S. I have updated it to 2.2 and I use no special mods for it.

I havent figured out how to right click yet, but so far it works. It runs Simon 2 very well, and I love that I can use my Slideit onscreen keyboard now, which seems much better than swype to me, and will make it much more fun to play SCI games :)

It got a big slow but its probably just my phone.

Oh, thought this was about the latest official version 1.2.1. This other one also rocks, but does not support SCI games?
thenoise

Post by thenoise »

Hi

Wondered if anyone was having trouble saving in the Feeble Files with this build?

Game runs fine but when you use the onscreen keyboard it will register that you've typed a word in but not that you've pressed return so the game doesn't save.

I tried mapping 'return' to a physical key but that doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone else had any joy?

Thanks

Rob
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

thenoise wrote:Hi
Game runs fine but when you use the onscreen keyboard it will register that you've typed a word in but not that you've pressed return so the game doesn't save.

I tried mapping 'return' to a physical key but that doesn't seem to work either.
-fixed bug with 'return' key

Please try latest build from 21.01.2011 and post result

Thanks for bug-report