Future wars is supported!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

barbarian_bros

Post by barbarian_bros »

Sorry I haven't found this thread when i searched 'Future Wars CD'

In the thread you have linked, there is no answer to the interresting question :
You need the original disk, but is it possible to lend it to SCummVM developper or should it be given permanently?

It's a very rare item and i don't know a Games Collector who would give it away... (at least not under a minimum hundred dollars payment).

Other thing : the game is Roland Compatible (LAPC1/MT-32/CM-32/CM-64) why can't I get scummVM use my MT-32 for this game (french floppy version), when it works perfectly through Dosbox?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Actually that will not work well. Consider 2 things. First, what is the reward for the developer to work on a game he will not own? And second one, more important, who will fix bugs once the game will be returned to the owner?

Eugene
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

barbarian_bros wrote: Other thing : the game is Roland Compatible (LAPC1/MT-32/CM-32/CM-64) why can't I get scummVM use my MT-32 for this game (french floppy version), when it works perfectly through Dosbox?
That's probably the "add support for MT32 and PC Speaker instruments in the PC SoundFX player code (write PCSoundDriver subclasses)" item in the TODO list for the engine. I.e. something that could be done, but which no one with the necessary skill and knowledge has gotten around to yet.
barbarian_bros

Post by barbarian_bros »

ok, thanks for the answer :)