Simon2.wav question

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

racusznik

Simon2.wav question

Post by racusznik »

Hello
I'm curious if there is a possibility to play Simon the Sorcerer 2 sound file on external audio player such a Winamp?
I tried to convert it to .ogg format but it's still impossible to play on Winamp.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simon2.wav question

Post by eriktorbjorn »

racusznik wrote:Hello
I'm curious if there is a possibility to play Simon the Sorcerer 2 sound file on external audio player such a Winamp?
I tried to convert it to .ogg format but it's still impossible to play on Winamp.
You'd probably have to write a program to extract the sound files (possibly modifying the compression tool) for you. From what I understand, the file consists of an index (offsets into the file where each sound is), followed by a bunch of WAV or VOC files depending on the game. If the file is named <something>.wav it's probably all WAV files.

The compression tool reads the index, four bytes at a time, until i finds the string "RIFF" (which marks a WAV file) or "Creative" (which marks a VOC file).
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

You can simply open the file using GoldWave. The shareware version is freely available. If it asks you about the format, you need to select that it is 11025 Hz 8 bit mono.