scummvm stopped working

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

bleedingeve

scummvm stopped working

Post by bleedingeve »

I have been using Scumm fine until this morning when it suddenly stopped working, message came up saying that the prgramme had stopped working, what can I do...will I loose all my saved game play? can it be fixed? help lol
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

With all your detailed information we will be able to help you in 5 .. 4 .. 3 .. ..

Damn the timer stopped working ... bad luck

Seriously

Which version of ScummVM?
What platform and OS?
What were you playing when it stopped working?
Was the message from ScummVM or from your OS?
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: scummvm stopped working

Post by tsoliman »

bleedingeve wrote:I have been using Scumm fine until this morning when it suddenly stopped working, message came up saying that the prgramme had stopped working, what can I do...will I loose all my saved game play? can it be fixed? help lol
I think the "lol" at the end makes it obvious that this person is not serious.

Either that or unfortunate initials. :P
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

... Or it's just one more spammer...
bleedingeve

Post by bleedingeve »

I am not a spammer..and yes I was serious, I work so am not on the computer all the time.
And an answer to your questions:

Which version of ScummVM?.....scuum vm 1.2.1
What platform and OS?..what the hell is an OS?
What were you playing when it stopped working? discworld
Was the message from ScummVM or from your OS?
Last edited by bleedingeve on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

The most appropriate reply in this case (if I may quote you):
lol
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

The OS is your Operating System. Like Windows 7, Windows XP, Ubuntu, MacOSX, etc.

By "Was the message from ScummVM or from your OS?" they mean (assuming you use a version of Windows) was the error in the black box with white text that runs while ScummVM is running, or was it the kind of error that pops up on your screen in it's own box?
bleedingeve

Post by bleedingeve »

Hi Graxer, I use vista/windows. The white box came up over my running game and said scumm.org has stopped working, although it only happens when I try and load my saved game other than that it will run and play from the beginning of a new game,
It will load discworld 2 from it's current save point just will not load discworld 1 and im quite far into the game.
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

bleedingeve wrote:Hi Graxer, I use vista/windows. The white box came up over my running game and said scumm.org has stopped working, although it only happens when I try and load my saved game other than that it will run and play from the beginning of a new game,
It will load discworld 2 from it's current save point just will not load discworld 1 and im quite far into the game.
Ok, it sounds to me as if your save file for Discworld 1 has been damaged. This could be because the program originally stopped working while it was trying to save the game. (so it only partially saved the game, leaving the save file unreadable). If this is the case I'm afraid there is very little you can do besides start the game again.

Keep an eye on this topic in case there are any other suggestions, but in my opinion there isn't anything that can really be done, sorry!
bleedingeve

Post by bleedingeve »

Dam it ;( I have already started playing the game again...was quite far I think...hoping it does not happen again.

Thank you very much for helping and not being rude it's much appreciated.;)
Graxer

Post by Graxer »

bleedingeve wrote:Thank you very much for helping and not being rude it's much appreciated.;)
No problem, I hope everything is fine for you this time! :)