Curse of Monkey Island lacks sound at singing pirates part

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Lostio

Post by Lostio »

Yes, actually, I do have up to 4 computers in my house, but they all show the file as being only 9.86 MB big. So it really is a problem with the CD itself.

Maybe there is someone over here willing to send me this file? [censored]
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

moderatorial: Forum Rule #0

I expected that. No support from us, sorry. I suggest you either approach LucasArts or buy another copy on eBay. We do not support warezed copies. If you use them, you're on your own.

Eugene
Lostio

Post by Lostio »

Well, my CDs aren't warezed or illegal or anything. It's an original game, but I guess the 2nd CD just got damaged, so I was looking for someone to send me a file that could make up for the broken one on the CD...

I don't think I was asking for anything illegal or warezed...

But, hey, if it's asking for too much, I won't insist.

Thanks for all your help, though. :wink:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

We may trust you, but 3rd party which deals with copyright questions may punish us for giving out their copyrighted works. Only they can distribute it. Sorry, nothing personal.

Eugene
Lostio

Post by Lostio »

Ok, I understand... :wink:
g10tto

Post by g10tto »

I think I have your solution!! I just(5 minutes ago to be exact) fixed my own Disc II sound problem. My thing wouldnt load the bundle thingy too, so I tried lots of things. What I tried THIS time:

Toss every file into your Resource folder and set the extra path to just the resource folder.

Try it again. It works perfectly for me now, and it's taken months to figure this out!!
Lostio

Post by Lostio »

Funny you should mention that. I actually DID try that before putting this on here, and it didn't work before.

It still isn't working, even through that tactic, so sorry. :( I appreciate you trying to help, though. :wink:

Did you have the exact same problem?

We could chat via MSN if you'd like. My e-mail is andrewmagalhaes@hotmail.com .
crazyfish

Post by crazyfish »

It's impossible that it's a corrupted CD if the filesize shows up as 9.8MB, it'd either be its original size or the TOC of the resource folder wouldn't be readable at all. Try opening the disc with ISOBuster and see if it shows up as a different size. If it doesn't you've got a disc that isn't legit or one with a bad TOC.
Lostio

Post by Lostio »

Well, in any case, I got the file musdisk2.bun with up to 181 MB and it's finally worked! :D

Thank you all for the help you provided me with. :wink: It is now working like a charm. :)