How can I promote the Monkey Island Fan Patch?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

AchillesPDX

How can I promote the Monkey Island Fan Patch?

Post by AchillesPDX »

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see the Monkey Island Talkie Edition fan patch incorporated into the main trunk of ScummVM so that we can play these great games with voices on systems other than Windows.

The patch is located here.

Can I donate to specifically get this implemented? What do I need to do?

Thank you all!
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: How can I promote the Monkey Island Fan Patch?

Post by LordHoto »

AchillesPDX wrote:I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see the Monkey Island Talkie Edition fan patch incorporated into the main trunk of ScummVM so that we can play these great games with voices on systems other than Windows.

Probably waiting till there's any final decision is the best thing you can do. I am not really sure myself if there's still anyone really looking into it though..
AchillesPDX

Post by AchillesPDX »

LordHoto wrote:
AchillesPDX wrote:I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see the Monkey Island Talkie Edition fan patch incorporated into the main trunk of ScummVM so that we can play these great games with voices on systems other than Windows.

Probably waiting till there's any final decision is the best thing you can do. I am not really sure myself if there's still anyone really looking into it though..
Well, can I persuade you to convince the high council to take it under consideration? :wink:
grim107

Post by grim107 »

AchillesPDX wrote:
LordHoto wrote:

Well, can I persuade you to convince the high council to take it under consideration? :wink:
I second. Enough said...
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I commented on the patch tracker and explained my specific issues and concerns with the fan patch there.
AchillesPDX

Post by AchillesPDX »

I'm so happy to see this getting some momentum again. Yay! Maybe I'll be able to play these on my iPhone soon(ish.)