Where are ScummVM Game files stored? Trouble with reinstall

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Hazekel

Where are ScummVM Game files stored? Trouble with reinstall

Post by Hazekel »

I had to reinstall Windows 7 last week. Because Windows 7 can now reinstall without formatting the hard drive all data was saved and ScummVM folder as well as game folders were untouched, but when I try to execute a game I found that the game data is no longer stored within ScummVM. I can manually reinstall all of my games to ScummVM but it would save me soooo much time if I knew where the original file that stores that info is kept.

In other words, when I open ScummVM it appears as if there are no games added when there should be more than 20. I am hoping that the missing file is still around somewhere. Does ScummVM store any data to the Windows or User directories?

Thanks
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Where are ScummVM Game files stored? Trouble with reinst

Post by LordHoto »

Hazekel wrote:In other words, when I open ScummVM it appears as if there are no games added when there should be more than 20. I am hoping that the missing file is still around somewhere. Does ScummVM store any data to the Windows or User directories?
README wrote: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\ScummVM\scummvm.ini
Should be the path where the configuration file is stored. ("username" is your username in this case).