How are you guys running unsupported Sierra SCI games?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fullmetalengineer

How are you guys running unsupported Sierra SCI games?

Post by fullmetalengineer »

I'm running the 1.30 nightly builds for both windows/Wii

Games like Gabriel Knight and King's Quest 7 keep giving ERROR RUNNING GAME: game data not found (I know they aren't fully supported but people claim to get them to launch and run). ScummVM does recognize them as generic Sierra SCI games when added to the game list.

I have tried flattening the subdirectories so everything is in a single directory. How are people getting these SCI games to launch?

All of the resource files, audio and everything are there. I can launch it in dos. What is scumm complaining about?!
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Re: How are you guys running unsupported Sierra SCI games?

Post by DrMcCoy »

fullmetalengineer wrote:I'm running the 1.30 nightly builds for both windows/Wii
We're currently in a pre-release testing periods. All nightly build are of the stable 1.3.0 branch, with unsupported games disabled.

What you think you want is a build from the 1.4.0 dev branch.
fullmetalengineer wrote:Games like Gabriel Knight and King's Quest 7 keep giving ERROR RUNNING GAME: game data not found (I know they aren't fully supported but people claim to get them to launch and run).
Not just "not fully supported", but completely unsupported. They may start and run (with a dev-branch build), but there's still massive problems with them. IIRC, KQ7 is still horribly broken, and GK1 has major issues too.
In general, if you're not interesting in working on the SCI engine, you probably won't be happy with their current state.
And we certainly won't accept any bug reports (or screams for help) for these games yet.