Living Books

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

scoriae

Living Books

Post by scoriae »

I recently got a load of these at half priced books and got to copying the content over for ScummVM.

The Dr. Seuss books all worked great as well as a few others. Stellaluna and Tortoise and the Hare however wont recognize.

Stellaluna has it's Stella.LB file and Tortoise has its TORTOISE.512 file. I also made sure to copy over the exe files as specified by the data file page. I then checked and all the paths referenced by the LB/512 files seem valid.

Is there an issue with these two?

Also - I see there is no dailybuild listed anymore. Is that a temporary thing since 1.3.0 was just released? All I see is the code to download and I'm not fan of compiling it myself constantly as I downloaded new SVN's every week or so. Just curious, thanks!
clone2727
Retired

Re: Living Books

Post by clone2727 »

scoriae wrote:Stellaluna has it's Stella.LB file and Tortoise has its TORTOISE.512 file. I also made sure to copy over the exe files as specified by the data file page. I then checked and all the paths referenced by the LB/512 files seem valid.
We need the md5 sums of those files or they won't bee detected. They need to be added manually.
scoriae wrote:Also - I see there is no dailybuild listed anymore. Is that a temporary thing since 1.3.0 was just released? All I see is the code to download and I'm not fan of compiling it myself constantly as I downloaded new SVN's every week or so. Just curious, thanks!
They're there. Click the buildbot link like it says.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Somehow I ended up downloading the code rather than the compiled SVN when I tried that. I'll try again.

In the meantime:

"STELLA.LB", 0, "ca8562a79f63485680e21191f5865fd7", 2120

"TORTOISE.512", 0, "e9ec7a6bc6b451c9e85e5b4f072d5143", 2120

Thank you as usual.

edit: Either I am doing something wrong, or there is an issue with the SVN builds. When I click the "official daily builds" link it takes me to a list of platforms. Neither the icon or the name of the platform is clickable. The only clickable link is "stable branch". Clicking this leads to downloading the raw code, not a compiled build.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

scoriae wrote:edit: Either I am doing something wrong, or there is an issue with the SVN builds. When I click the "official daily builds" link it takes me to a list of platforms. Neither the icon or the name of the platform is clickable. The only clickable link is "stable branch". Clicking this leads to downloading the raw code, not a compiled build.
Just because the extension is "tar.bz2" doesn't mean that it's source code. They should all be compiled binaries.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hi there,
I tried to make the text on http://buildbot.scummvm.org/builds.html a bit clearer. If you can think of further ways to make it easier to find the daily builds, or if you can explain where exactly the current setup got you confused, please let us know.
Last edited by fingolfin on Mon May 30, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

The name of the file threw me off as I assumed it was code. I was also used to the installation program that came with it before, where-as now I assume I just copy these new files over the existing files?

I also have noticed the console is no longer active in the background with the daily builds. Is there a switch to enable this again? The documentation says the tilde key will show/hide the debug console, although I get no effect when hitting that key. I have several more unrecognized living books games and I am looking for a way to access to console to get the error when I try to add the game.

edit: looks like the tilde is only for scumm games, while in game. Whereas I am looking for the gui console.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

scoriae wrote:The name of the file threw me off as I assumed it was code. I was also used to the installation program that came with it before, where-as now I assume I just copy these new files over the existing files?

I also have noticed the console is no longer active in the background with the daily builds. Is there a switch to enable this again? The documentation says the tilde key will show/hide the debug console, although I get no effect when hitting that key. I have several more unrecognized living books games and I am looking for a way to access to console to get the error when I try to add the game.

edit: looks like the tilde is only for scumm games, while in game. Whereas I am looking for the gui console.
The easiest way right now is to run ScummVM from cmd.exe. Just navigate to the path you have ScummVM installed via cd and then run scummvm.exe.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Unfortunately that didn't work for me either. Launching it from command line launched the GUI just fine, but the cmd line window itself showed no feedback.

I have used that method in the past and it worked fine. I dont know if it is an issue with Windows 7 or the new scummvm.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

scoriae wrote:Unfortunately that didn't work for me either. Launching it from command line launched the GUI just fine, but the cmd line window itself showed no feedback.

I have used that method in the past and it worked fine. I dont know if it is an issue with Windows 7 or the new scummvm.
Ok, in any case there *should* be a log file of the last ScummVM run in /Users/username/AppData/Roaming/ScummVM/logs or something like that (i.e. in the logs/ dir in the same dir as the scummvm.ini file).

You could check the output there.
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

I dont know what is up with the new builds of scummvm, but this sucks.

The log file only has the following in it:

[2011-04-31 09:31:07] ScummVM 1.3.0pre79-gafe1a77 (May 30 2011 09:10:12)
[2011-04-31 09:31:07] Vorbis FLAC MP3 RGB zLib
[2011-04-31 09:31:07] --- Log opened.
[2011-04-31 09:31:43] --- Log closed successfully.

I tried adding several games during the session, none of which seem to be reflected there. I'm guessing the only way to get the console back is to drop back to the full 1.3.0 release?

Im going to go ahead and split this off into its own post as it has nothing to do with the living books.
Philum

Stellaluna not recognized

Post by Philum »

ScummVM in Ubuntu does not recognize Stellaluna from HD or CD.

Manually adding the MD5 has been recommended.

To where and how is the MD5 added?

Thank you.
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Stellaluna not recognized

Post by fuzzie »

Philum wrote:ScummVM in Ubuntu does not recognize Stellaluna from HD or CD.

To where and how is the MD5 added?
Ubuntu's ScummVM version is 1.3.1, which has all of the Stellaluna versions we know about, so your MD5 must be new and needs to be added to the source code (engines/mohawk/detection_tables.h).

Please provide them here on the forum or on the bug tracker so that we can add them to the next daily builds (which you can then download from our webpage the next day), and to the 1.4.0 release which will be released in early November.