Apple IIGS disk images

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maxor127

Post by Maxor127 »

Oops sorry, I meant floppy drive. Brain damage moment. I guess my brain and fingers aren't used to using the words floppy and drive together anymore.
Arwen4CJ

Post by Arwen4CJ »

Maxor127 wrote:Oops sorry, I meant floppy drive. Brain damage moment. I guess my brain and fingers aren't used to using the words floppy and drive together anymore.
Yeah...but even if the Mac did have a floppy disk drive, I doubt my computer would be able to read an Apple IIGS disk. I understand that older Macs could, right?
scoriae

Post by scoriae »

Wow, quite a bit of work you went through there. So it sounds like short of owning an Apple IIgs, it is not possible to read one of the disks or disk images?

VirtualApple.org for example has every nib file and using a browser extension you can play any game they have listed.

But to get the files from the image to a PC computer for use in ScumMVM does not seem possible so far.
mrpudding

Post by mrpudding »

I'd recommend checking out AppleCommander, a free utility that can open 2MG images and export the files from them: https://sites.google.com/site/drjohnbma ... ecommander