Move mouse with keyboard (its possible?)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kmuland

Move mouse with keyboard (its possible?)

Post by kmuland »

Hi ;)

I try to use the computer with keyboard only

Its possible to move the Scvmm mouse in the menu/games fully with keys?

win98 version

Thanks for replies ;)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Move mouse with keyboard (its possible?)

Post by eriktorbjorn »

kmuland wrote: Its possible to move the Scvmm mouse in the menu/games fully with keys?
If I remember correctly, it used to be possible a long time ago, but it was disabled. Probably because there were so many cases where you wanted to be able to use the arrow keys without moving the mouse cursor.
eotws

Toggle key

Post by eotws »

Sounds like a perfect time to get a toggle key (caps lock or user selected) to handle that.
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

I also think it should be reactivated. It could be a nice feature if your mouse suddenly dies. :)

The only issue I found was that up and down key in the launcher were used for both mouse and selecting the list entry.

Obviously it was removed between 0.7.1 and 0.8.0 (between 2005-03-27 and 2005-10-29). I'll try to bisect to find out the exact commit disabling it...
envisaged0ne

Post by envisaged0ne »

A nice feature if your mouse dies? Yeah, ummm, can't tell ya how many times that happens! And the cost to get a new mouse is just insane. Glad you're planning for all contingencies
topolinik

Post by topolinik »

Let me say what I think about re-enabling this feature.
As a guy who's moving a mice for several hours a day at work, I look at this as a way to relax my muscles and stop making the same movements even at home. (while my mouse and touchpad still work like a charm)
Now, let's play. :D
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

SimSaw wrote:I also think it should be reactivated. It could be a nice feature if your mouse suddenly dies. :)

The only issue I found was that up and down key in the launcher were used for both mouse and selecting the list entry.

Obviously it was removed between 0.7.1 and 0.8.0 (between 2005-03-27 and 2005-10-29). I'll try to bisect to find out the exact commit disabling it...
I am not sure where you got the date information from... but it rather looks like it was disabled in 4b632e66ae3330b03799dc2b712a4c290896a03e which is dated 2004-12-18.
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

Thanks, LordHoto! For the dates: I just took the dates of the official Windows builds - from the last one where this feature works and the first one where it didn't work.