Great android port for usability SDL 1.3.0svn54429

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Help with Comi inventory; can't nail down the murphy bed

Post by eriktorbjorn »

striderkog wrote:Is there a way to close the inventory box while still having the nails as the cursor, without touching the screen.
In the desktop version I think it's enough to move the cursor outside the inventory box, without clicking, but I don't know if you can do that in the Android port. (It's been ages since I played the actual game, so I don't remember exactly how the puzzle itself works.)
striderkog

Comi inventory problem solved!

Post by striderkog »

Problem solved! Didn't realize you could drag the nails off the box. Worked like a charm. Thank you soooooo much!
da1writer

Post by da1writer »

I recently noticed that the newest builds for some reason skips certain intro's and skip certain movie scenes for some odd reason. Kings Quest VI for example has the Sierra logo skipped and none of the fmv's play (again these ate skipped). I don't know what settings I changed for this to happen, but earlier builds of this Scummvm have the scenes working fine. Did something in the code change for this to happen? Were people complaining of these long scenes ? Can someone look into this...
thenoise

Post by thenoise »

Hi

Just installed the latest build and that same issue i had with the Feeble Files is back. Can't get the keyboard to register a 'return' in order to save.

Also Button 3 seems to stay on screen whether i turn it off or not.

Really appreciate the work your doing.

Thanks

Rob
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

bug with 'return' key confirmed, but now this problem inside sdl-lib, pelya (android sdl-lib porter) now on holiday, and fix will be ready after two week.
bug with on-screen buttons not confirmed, when disable third button, i see on-screen only two button, but maybe problem exist on some device. Request about that problem sended to pelya too.
vidwhal

Post by vidwhal »

PLEASE STICKY!!!

This is easily the best android port around!
mallik

Post by mallik »

@Lubomyr

Can you implement support for a REAL (USB)Mouse, please???
This would extremly simplify the use of this great app!

thanx
Lubomyr

Post by Lubomyr »

@mallik

You can use usb mouse without problem
1) left mouse click works by default
2) right mouse click in android system works as 'Back' (by default assigned as ESCAPE)
but in sdl-setting you can re-assign HW button 'back' as LALT, and right click will be work as right click
3) built in-game pointer cannot moving on-screen by mouse becouse old android API (except android 3.0 and higher) not support it. But in-system pointer works without problem with any Android OS
mallik

Post by mallik »

Lubomyr wrote:@mallik

You can use usb mouse without problem
1) left mouse click works by default
2) right mouse click in android system works as 'Back' (by default assigned as ESCAPE)
but in sdl-setting you can re-assign HW button 'back' as LALT, and right click will be work as right click
3) built in-game pointer cannot moving on-screen by mouse becouse old android API (except android 3.0 and higher) not support it. But in-system pointer works without problem with any Android OS
Thank you

I have an Acer Iconia 3.2, but i have still 2 Pointers: The ScummVM-Pointer is(slowly)following the Android-OS-Pointer!
Thats really bad.... :(
goetz

Post by goetz »

@mallik, have you tried "Direct mode" as input mode? It sounds like it should remove the second mouse cursor.

Have a look at the Wiki in the Android platform page for this setting.
mallik

Post by mallik »

goetz wrote:@mallik, have you tried "Direct mode" as input mode? It sounds like it should remove the second mouse cursor.

Have a look at the Wiki in the Android platform page for this setting.
Thanx!
vidwhal

Help with AOKP/AOSP ICS 4.0.4

Post by vidwhal »

Hi lubomyr
I absolutely adore your scummvm port for android. Ive been having an issue with scummvm freezing particularly with Curse Of Monkey Island.

Im running a Samsung Galaxy S2 with your latest Scummvm with an AOKP Hydrog3n ROM 4.0.4. Ive tested it with all cuurent AOKP builds and have the same freeze issue. Ive also tested with Wanamlite ICS ROM which is a Samsung (non-AOSP/AOKP) ROM and had no issues whatsoever.

Its most likely a fault with the Android AOSP but I thought Id make you aware of it in case it ends up being an issue within your port. If its some incompatability issue with SDL and the AOKP framework, is it possible to look into it and maybe see if a solution is possible? SCUMMVM SDL is the only app Ive had freeze using these AOKP ICS ROMS. Thanks Mate.