Lands of Lore Save Game Editor

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

SnowB

Lands of Lore Save Game Editor

Post by SnowB »

A number of years ago, I found a handy program called "Lands of Lore Save Game Editor, version 1.03" or something like that. It had an easy interface to modify saved game files from The Throne of Chaos (Yep, sorry, I was a cheater!)

I've long since lost the file since switching computers and tried searching for it with no luck, just one broken link on an ancient website, probably the same one I got it from in 2003. I'm not too skilled with hexedit yet either, and can't make heads nor tails of what I'm supposed to do.

Anyone have, or know where to find, this program? Thanks.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Lands of Lore Save Game Editor

Post by LordHoto »

SnowB wrote:A number of years ago, I found a handy program called "Lands of Lore Save Game Editor, version 1.03" or something like that. It had an easy interface to modify saved game files from The Throne of Chaos (Yep, sorry, I was a cheater!)

I've long since lost the file since switching computers and tried searching for it with no luck, just one broken link on an ancient website, probably the same one I got it from in 2003. I'm not too skilled with hexedit yet either, and can't make heads nor tails of what I'm supposed to do.

Anyone have, or know where to find, this program? Thanks.
Just a quick note: that editor won't work with ScummVM save files.
SnowB

Post by SnowB »

Yeah, I wondered about that. I figured that even with changing the directory so I could access the save files there might be an encoding difference. I'd still like to find that program if it turns up anywhere to use with another emulator, but it's not a huge deal. Thanks for clarifying.
Collector

Post by Collector »

It would work with save games played in DOSBox since it would use the game's original interpreter.
SnowB

Post by SnowB »

Exactly, but the program seems to be lost to the ages online. As I knew a lot of savvy computer users would be here, thought I'd just check to see if one of them may have saved it from past use. Perhaps not, but just thought I'd ask :D
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

There's always Universal Game Editor hosted at Sierra Help. Hopefully that'll work and be enough for your needs?!
SnowB

Post by SnowB »

Yes, thank you. I've been researching alternatives.
But as it is, I've made it through 3/4 of the game with no issue so far, so it worked out for me to tackle it on my own!

Seems to work great in ScummVM, haven't encountered any issues so far.