Trouble with using Scummvm

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chananigans

Trouble with using Scummvm

Post by Chananigans »

I'm pretty new to using this program and I've successfully got Discworld II and Monkey Island 3 working but I can't seem to figure out how I get both Sam & Max and Day of the Tentacle working.

When I go to 'Add game' the names of the files are greyed out and I'm not sure how to add this game!

Can anybody help me please? :)
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ScummVM is waiting for you to specify a folder to look in. That's why the files themselves are grayed out. It won't start to look for a game in the selected folder until you press the Choose button.
Chananigans

Post by Chananigans »

Thank you!

I really am no good at this!
Chananigans

Post by Chananigans »

Is this the same principle for playing a game like Toonstruck? Or does this game work differently?

I have tried adding game but it says the game is unknown. I'm not so sure what to do from here. :?
Collector

Post by Collector »

Is Toonstruck even supported in the stable build, yet?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Collector wrote:Is Toonstruck even supported in the stable build, yet?
According to the NEWS file, it should be supported in 1.3.0 and later.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Chananigans wrote:Is this the same principle for playing a game like Toonstruck? Or does this game work differently?

I have tried adding game but it says the game is unknown. I'm not so sure what to do from here. :?
The procedure for adding all the games is basically the same, but you'll need the correct set of files in the directory you add. You can see a full(ish) list here (Toonstruck specifically here. Put the directories it says into one folder, and then add it with ScummVM).

You can see a list of all the games that are officially supported here.