Beneath a Steel Sky unplayable on Samsung Galaxy S2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hexaae

Beneath a Steel Sky unplayable on Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by hexaae »

On Samsung Galaxy S2 BASS is simply unplayable because you can't touch the topmost area to call the pop-down menu! :(
It's unreachable by the touch screen.

Please, can someone fix the 'sky' plugin for Android adding an option to shift the screen at least 20 pixels down and make the upper area reachable by the touch sensors? :cry:

Image Image
fuzzie
ScummVM Developer

Re: Beneath a Steel Sky unplayable on Samsung Galaxy S2

Post by fuzzie »

hexaae wrote:On Samsung Galaxy S2 BASS is simply unplayable because you can't touch the topmost area to call the pop-down menu! :(
(Didn't this get discussed before?) This isn't going to get fixed in the 1.4.x series because it's non-trivial to do and it works fine with the default input configuration. It is on my TODO for 1.5.0, but if you want to make sure it's fixed then. you should file a bug.
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

fuzzie wrote:
hexaae wrote:On Samsung Galaxy S2 BASS is simply unplayable because you can't touch the topmost area to call the pop-down menu! :(
(Didn't this get discussed before?) This isn't going to get fixed in the 1.4.x series because it's non-trivial to do and it works fine with the default input configuration. It is on my TODO for 1.5.0, but if you want to make sure it's fixed then. you should file a bug.
Yes please, tell me how...
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

hexaae wrote:
fuzzie wrote:... but if you want to make sure it's fixed then. you should file a bug.
The bug tracker link from the main website page
Sestren

Post by Sestren »

You must have the international GSII. Mine is the GSII Epic 4G Touch and I have no problems. How strange.
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

Sestren wrote:You must have the international GSII. Mine is the GSII Epic 4G Touch and I have no problems. How strange.
Since it's just a matter of a very few pixel I guess it may slightly vary on the same model the touch precision.
Unfortunately BASS is the only adventure that needs to point to the topmost bar for the pull-down menu...

I wonder if making the SKY-games turn the screen according to the accelerometer (= rotating it by 180°) could help. As far as I can see the left part of my touchscreen reaches the full border...
hexaae

Post by hexaae »

tsoliman wrote:
hexaae wrote:
fuzzie wrote:... but if you want to make sure it's fixed then. you should file a bug.
The bug tracker link from the main website page
Ok, thank you. Added bug report.