Discworld: crash when loading save game

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Crundy

Discworld: crash when loading save game

Post by Crundy »

Odd problem, I've been playing through DW1 on my HTC Desire and saving with no problems, but now whenever I try to load my save game (either from the launcher or from the game itself) the screen shows the discworld map from where I saved it (at night time) and then the app just disappears without prompting a force close, and holding home to focus the app makes it boot from the start.

I can attach the game save if it helps?

Edit: I've been using the development builds and so I thought I'd just do an update now to the very latest dev build. I uninstalled the previous version and the tinsel engine and then reinstalled them, added the discworld game folder, and set the save path to where my save game is (dw.001) and now it doesn't seem to recognise the file, as the save game list is empty.
Last edited by Crundy on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crundy

Post by Crundy »

OK so I thought I'd have another go at this. I realised that ScummVM didn't like the game save because it was named wrong. I've renamed it to dw-cd.001 and it appears now, but I'm getting the same problem even when using the Windows version of ScummVM. The game opens at the night map of Ankh-Morpork and then ScummVM crashes out with no error.

Could someone have a look and see what the problem might be? I've uploaded the save file to:
http://crundyjunk.s3.amazonaws.com/dw-cd.001

Thanks all.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

On linux it actually exits with this error:
GetInvObject(0): Trying to manipulate undefined inventory icon!
So it looks like a bad savegame or we're not on the same DW version.

Please file a bug report (see Forum rule 3a)

Thanks
Crundy

Post by Crundy »

tsoliman wrote:On linux it actually exits with this error:
GetInvObject(0): Trying to manipulate undefined inventory icon!
So it looks like a bad savegame or we're not on the same DW version.

Please file a bug report (see Forum rule 3a)

Thanks
That's bizarre. I've used the same fileset throughout, and on the map screen you can't view / manipulate inventory items.

I'll file the bug report. Thanks for checking this for me.
Crundy

Post by Crundy »