Feeble Files Charisma

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

FallenKal

Feeble Files Charisma

Post by FallenKal »

I've been trying to find the reason my game keeps crashing when I reach Sigmus Alpha. You go through a series of cutscenes and inevitably crash because it is looking for a file labelled "Charisma"

This is the windows 4 CD version. Can anyone help me out? Any kind of workaround would be great.
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

The file you're missing is one of the many video files from the CDs. Sadly I don't have my CDs with me so I can't tell you which one it's on, but it's definitely there. You might try going back and re-checking the CDs for the missing file.
FallenKal

Post by FallenKal »

Awesome, thanks man. I'll get on that right now.
FallenKal

Post by FallenKal »

Couldn't find them on the CDs and I can't install the game because I'm running windows 7.

Is there a way to get the game to install?
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Ok. You do need the files that are installed to finish the game, but you can get them without running the installer.

The scummvm readme has basic instructions. Basically you need the files compressed in the data1.cab file. 7zip should be able to do this. The format might even be native to Windows 7, I'm not sure. Anyway, get the files you need out of there and it should run.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Wasn't there support added to the latest version(s) of ScummVM to directly access .cab files without the need to unpack them first?
(Maybe i'm mixing with residualvm?)

And what about those files in the download section?
Aren't those the files OP needs?

Sorry, i haven't checked them, just ignore if i talk crap :-)