HELP i don't manage to make scumm work on my galaxy S2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

guybrush222

HELP i don't manage to make scumm work on my galaxy S2

Post by guybrush222 »

Hi!

Fist of of all, sorry for my bad english and also my lack of knowledge in computers...
I'm very excited about playing games of my childood... but i don't manage to make scumm work on my galaxy S2.
I've tried to install it with plugins (games) on my phone but it doesn't work, on my sd card it's the same ! when i try to add game with scumm, i see the games in my sd gard but "grey" no possibilty to click.
I read in forums that it's better to download past version of scumm because of compatibility, what i've done, but when i try to start this "old scumm" it's writen that i should have at least one game to run it although all games are already installed on sd AND on the phone.

I'm really not good in all computer stuff, and i don't know if it doesn't work because i've done something wrong or because it's really impossible to run scumm with the android 2.3.4 of my new samsung galaxy s2???

Somebody could help me??

Thanks a lot!!

Olivier
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

It is much easier to figure out the interface on a PC first IMO.

For example when you add a game, you're selecting the directory containing the data files for the game.
Thijzzemans

Scummvm on android adding game difficulty

Post by Thijzzemans »

i also have this problem.
i downloaded the core app
and then downloaded scumm for playing dott.
and started scummvm.
i need to add a game still so i go to the apk dir
and i try to add the apk but it doesn't work.
i don't have any other files that i got when i installed the app plugin so i don't understand what i'm supposed to add.
Nonjas

Post by Nonjas »

Go to "ADD GAME" (or AÑADIR JUEGO, or something similar depending on your language), go to the game directory. When you are on the game directory (where you see all game files in grey color), simply click on the OK button (ACEPTAR or any similar word on your language). Then a pop up will appear that will say DOS or WINDOWS... Don't do anything and just click on OK again.

Then you'll have the game on your game list, so just double click on it or select it and click on PLAY.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Re: Scummvm on android adding game difficulty

Post by tsoliman »

Thijzzemans wrote:=
i need to add a game still so i go to the apk dir
and i try to add the apk but it doesn't work.
I think I see the problem there.
The apk is the engine plugin not the game itself. So when you installed "scummvm" apk (the core application with no engines in it) and then the "scumm" apk (the engine for playing SCUMM games like DOTT) you prepared the program for running scumm games.

What you'll need to do is get your DOTT CD (or floppies) and copy from it the files listed in the datafiles wiki page to a new folder on your PC. Then copy that folder to your device (via USB or whatever) and that's the folder you pick when you click "add game".