i have old Humongous Source codes from 1997

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Windows TV

i have old Humongous Source codes from 1997

Post by Windows TV »

i have an old SpyFox SCUMM Source File
Copyright 1997 HE

Code: Select all

include "header.def"
define E3DEF = 0..... 
can some one help me port this????????
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Excuse me? Old source file?

Where did you get that from? And what do you mean by "porting"? What are you trying to achieve here?
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Spy Fox games are already supported by ScummVM, as you may see there.

Could you tell a bit more about what you have in mind?
Windows TV

Re:the code

Post by Windows TV »

I think I got it off of brad along time ago when he was developing spy fox 1, anyways I was wondering if there is a program out there that can use scripts like this, i also wanted to know if it can help with scummvm cause it's a direct source code.
clone2727
Retired

Re:the code

Post by clone2727 »

Windows TV wrote:I think I got it off of brad along time ago when he was developing spy fox 1, anyways I was wondering if there is a program out there that can use scripts like this, i also wanted to know if it can help with scummvm cause it's a direct source code.
It's not source code, it's script source. You'd still not be able to give it to us because it's under Humongous' copyright.
Windows TV

Re:

Post by Windows TV »

Ok! Sorry, keep forgetting about copyright! But do you know of any program that runs scripts like these?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re:

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Windows TV wrote:Ok! Sorry, keep forgetting about copyright! But do you know of any program that runs scripts like these?
If there was, I would assume that it was never seen outside of LucasArts and Humongous Entertainment. ScummVM only needs to know how to run the compiled form though, and I'm not aware of any major issues with the Spy Fox games, so from that point of view it doesn't really matter what it originally script code looked like.

Of course, any surviving source code is still interesting from an historical point of view.
Windows TV

True!

Post by Windows TV »

that's true the program would have never made its way outside of LucasArts and Humongous Entertainment. but it being historical is cool because its the full set of code to spy fox 1 :)