Tablet Better Alternative Controls?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Harakiri

Tablet Better Alternative Controls?

Post by Harakiri »

Hi,

im wondering - is there another scummvm version with an alternative input method? I just tried 1.4.1 on the galaxy pad 2 and im looking for something like this:

1. You dont have to "drag" the cursor -where ever you tap - the mouse cursor automatically goes!
2. You can just tap on the actions (Give,Pick up etc) and then use it on the next spot you tap - no need to move the mouse around either.

This might obviously not work fine for all games, but for indy4 and such it will.

(I cant believe nobody has done something like this yet)
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Re: Tablet Better Alternative Controls?

Post by LordHoto »

Harakiri wrote:Hi,

im wondering - is there another scummvm version with an alternative input method? I just tried 1.4.1 on the galaxy pad 2 and im looking for something like this:

1. You dont have to "drag" the cursor -where ever you tap - the mouse cursor automatically goes!
2. You can just tap on the actions (Give,Pick up etc) and then use it on the next spot you tap - no need to move the mouse around either.

This might obviously not work fine for all games, but for indy4 and such it will.

(I cant believe nobody has done something like this yet)
That sounds like a really useful mode. But I have the feeling it's the "direct mode" described here: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Android#Touchscreen
Harakiri

Post by Harakiri »

Ahh yes, wonderful - thats what i was looking for thanks. Hidden in the midi options, who would have thought!