LoL - Cursor Controls on Android Smartphones with QWERTY

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Harakiri

LoL - Cursor Controls on Android Smartphones with QWERTY

Post by Harakiri »

Is it possible to tell scummvm to map the numeric keypad controls to normal cursor keys for Lands of Lore? (left,right,up,down) It would be a breeze to control the game with the cursor and touch input - on the PC you have a numeric keypad - on a android device with QWERTY you could map any free key to the movement keys.

I mean the other keys like o etc work fine currently so scummvm does support some kind of keyboard input
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

There is a work in progress keymapper that makes this possible. I'm not sure about its current status, though.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

This ability to remap inputs is not in android yet.
Some fundamental cleanup needs to happen and it will take some time to do. I haven't found the time in the last few months to work on it but hopefully soon work can start on it again.

It still needs a lot of work to be useful on android devices (mainly related to gesture support and the ability to pick from a list of inputs)
Harakiri

Post by Harakiri »

Its great that there is something like this planned!

However, Is it currently possible to hardcode the settings in the LoL engine so that i could compile an apk myself ? If so, could you tell me in which source file i could possible make the hack ?

Thanks

Edit: Found a solution! this port http://anddev.at.ua/load/scummvm_svn55436/1-1-0-7 has a keymapper build in, just use any key, and map it to K1 - K9 - works flawless - i used
qwe
asd

LoL is now a breeze.

That SDL port is just awesome, maybe it will be an official scummvm build one day =)
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

The keymapper can be made to work with non-SDL platforms. It just requires some extra hacking.

SDL is already mostly working because it was my testing platform (Linux and Maemo both use SDL) for keymapper development. However I have also done some proof of concepts on android and iphone (that never made it into the main tree) so I know it will work some day.