Remove Status Windows?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

George Stobbart

Remove Status Windows?

Post by George Stobbart »

Hello, I have a question for you, is there a way to remove the window "Status Windows" for the ScummVM version 1.5.0?

Another question, do you know if the new game announced by Revolution "Broken Sword the serpent's curse" will work with the Scumm?

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for my English!
icanntspell

Post by icanntspell »

Use the --no-console command line option, to disable the console window under Windows.

And I doubt the new game will be written in their same old engine, but who knows.
George Stobbart

icanntspell wrote: And I doubt the new game will be written in their same old engine, but who knows.
:(
icanntspell wrote:Use the --no-console command line option, to disable the console window under Windows.
Hello, thanks for the reply, I just have a problem:
When I type the command "- no-console" opens the scummvm without the "Status Windows" but when I close the command prompt does not save the changes.
When I open the Scumm normally re-open ScummVm with the Status Window ... why?
Last edited by George Stobbart on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JenniBee

Post by JenniBee »

icanntspell wrote:And I doubt the new game will be written in their same old engine, but who knows.
In Joost Peters' (ScummVM developer joostp) introduction at the BS5 kickstarter updates page, he stated that it uses a new iteration of Revolution's engine (Virtual Theatre 7).

So, it likely won't be playable in ScummVM right away, but it does use a similar engine base, so the it could be in the supported by ScummVM in the far future.
George Stobbart wrote:When I type the command "- no-console" opens the scummvm without the "Status Windows" but when I close the command prompt does not save the changes.
When I open the Scumm normally re-open the Status Window ... why?
The command prompt doesn't save anything you type in. You have to type that in every time you start ScummVM if you don't want a console window.

You could make a DOS batch file to start ScummVM without a console (status window).

To do this, open up Notepad or another program that saves to text (you can use Wordpad, but make sure you save it as pure text, since it defaults to rtf, which would add the headers for that format to the file and would be unrecognizable to Windows when executed).

In Notepad (or whatever program you are using), type this:

scummvm --no-console

Then save the file in your ScummVM directory as something like scummvm-no-console.bat

Now when you click on scummvm-no-console.bat it will start it without the console.
George Stobbart

JenniBee wrote: The command prompt doesn't save anything you type in. You have to type that in every time you start ScummVM if you don't want a console window.

You could make a DOS batch file to start ScummVM without a console (status window).

To do this, open up Notepad or another program that saves to text (you can use Wordpad, but make sure you save it as pure text, since it defaults to rtf, which would add the headers for that format to the file and would be unrecognizable to Windows when executed).

In Notepad (or whatever program you are using), type this:

scummvm --no-console

Then save the file in your ScummVM directory as something like scummvm-no-console.bat

Now when you click on scummvm-no-console.bat it will start it without the console.
Perfect, now everything is ok!!
Thank you! you've been a great help!
We say in Italy: "you must have sucked milk fox" :)
Grettings!
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

Or you could, you know, just add the command line parameters to the ScummVM shortcut.