Window resizing

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

meego

Post by meego »

md5 wrote:We have spent a lot of our free time and effort on this project, so flaming isn't tolerated. If you can provide improvements with arguments, feel free to do so. Until you do, we really don't need a lecture about what is "bad" and "good" programming by an angry, clueless and bored forum troll, who can't be bothered to look into a program's options or README and instead prefers to swear at random people.
Actually I just told you my arguments, a slide in menu would help, but obvisiously you fail to read and keep on calling other names..
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You told us what arguments? You just mentioned that we are geeks writing non-intuitive software. And you mentioned a slide-in menu in your latest post.

The full screen option is a checkbox under Options-> Graphics. Do you find a slide-in menu more intuitive than a menu called "Options"?

How would this slide in menu open? You can't use the mouse to open it, and there is already a game menu that opens with control-f5. What would you find more intuitive?
Collector

Post by Collector »

@meego - What is intuitive to you is not necessarily intuitive to anyone else. What people find intuitive often is based more on what they are used to. Remember, ScummVM is cross platform, ported to many different OSes and hardware. It is not possible to be all things to all people. The best that the ScummVM team can do (and have done) is to make it as simple as possible.

There is only so much that they can do for the user. At some point the user has to take it upon himself actually try to learn how to do what he wants. This merely involves reading the documentation and exploring the program. By this, I do not mean to demean you, but complaining that it is not exactly the way you want rather than to learn how to do what you want accomplishes nothing but aggravation for everyone.
tsoliman
ScummVM Developer

Post by tsoliman »

No one is expected to sit down and read the entire readme file but I usually look at it when I am stuck. It is much easier to hit "find" in a giant text file than to post multiple posts to the forum. A troll, intentional or not, is still a troll.

I would like to thank all the geeks involved in this project for the hard work they do on a daily basis and only wish I had more free time to be more involved.
GUN

Post by GUN »

Freddo wrote:Not to mention that alt+enter been standard for switching between windowed mode to fullscreen mode in Windows software since the 3.x days in the early 90s, even if fewer programs use it these days.
secounded.

it works in many programms and games also in the Command-shell of windows .. so is very intuitive for me