ScummVm android

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dj Chubby

ScummVm android

Post by Dj Chubby »

Sorry if I'm writing to You, but I noticed Comi is unplayable on android phones and tablets, since it is lacking keyboard emulation, which on a PC, Mac, or notebook are present! Could You please release an updated version which con add this feature! And, please, update even the android version to 1.6!
Thank You very much in advance!
Last edited by Dj Chubby on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
somaen
ScummVM Developer

Post by somaen »

What do you need keyboard emulation for in COMI? As far as I remember, every action there is accessed from the coin-interface with the mouse.
Dj Chubby

Post by Dj Chubby »

I want to say when I load the (Italian) language game, I noticed there are some action buttons, but I cannot configure them to use in the game.
I'm trying to be a little clearer: using a PC, a Mac or a notebook, it is always possible to access their keyboard, and to use keys in the emulator to make it run perfectly; in android porting this is not possible, since there is not a configuration utility to assign for every "virtual" keyboard button, a specific one (physical on some tablets, like Archos Gamepad, or virtual, in most phones) into the emulator.
So talking, acting, and so on becomes almost impossible without a configuration specific for those games (like Comi) that need keyboard buttons.
I hope I have been clearer than before, and that You can suggest me a solution for this!
Thank you!