Interesting MIDI dilemmma

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CheeseMeister

Interesting MIDI dilemmma

Post by CheeseMeister »

Hello. As always I think ScummVM is incredible. Now I'm the sort of jerk who has four different external MIDI modules. A 1st gen. MT-32, a CM-64, an SC-55 and an SD-90. Now they all work with ScummVM via USB->MIDI cables. I have several and they're all different brands so I can actually remember which one is which.

I thought it might greatly simplify working with them if I bought a device that allowed me to switch the path on the fly, particularly because I'm building an DOS time machine. Having a switch with multiple inputs and outputs is a very attractive and neat option. So I tracked down a UM-550.

At first I tested it on DOS Box and it works. Then naturally as I found myself with the urge to play Fate of Atlantis I tried it on ScummVM this evening. It does not work. Tried it with different cables, through different ports. TMIDI also has the same problem and I think I've figured out what it is...

There's no way to connect the MIDI-outs from each device back to the USB cable with this set up. I was just connecting them out of an old habit. Games in real DOS do not need the MIDI out from the modules to be connected. Is there a reason ScummVM does? Am I even correct?

Any help appreciated. But if I am right about this, and there isn't a reason to collect the out signal - is it possible to just deactivate this? So ScummVM just outputs the MIDI signal straight.

As always, I love you guys.
CheeseMeister

Post by CheeseMeister »

Call off the hit squad. I'm just a fucking moron. I got my cables confused. TMIDI and ScummVM both work perfectly. Quick question - how do I delete this thread?
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

I have called off the Black Helicopters! :)

The thread will remain... as a warning to others! ;-)