For DIGITALL - Help Request for SAM and MAX Hit the Road

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lambchop
Got a warning

For DIGITALL - Help Request for SAM and MAX Hit the Road

Post by lambchop »

DIGITALL, alas you jumped to the wrong conclusion.
I did not ask anyone to send me a disk as that would violate the rule #0.
I was asking for help locating the disk. I spent many hours trawling the web to see if I could buy a replacement. As a last resort, I had hoped someone here might know where I could find one.
I have over a thousand cover disks from the beginning of PC Format and other magazines and I would gladly have responded to Kirben's request for demos.
However you have royally pissed me off by choosing to chop me down in the most obvious of ways and lock the stream. For that I say goodbye. If the members of this site are that petty, you might as well bar me from membership as I will not be returning. You are a self opinionated ass.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lambchop wrote:I spent many hours trawling the web to see if I could buy a replacement.
I don't know about the floppy version, but the English CD "talkie" version should be fairly common. At least in Europe, a couple of the later LucasArts adventures were re-released in DVD cases as "LucasArts Classic" games. Sam & Max was released both on its own, and together with Day of the Tentacle.

I see UK Amazon claims to still have a few copies of Sam & Max in stock, so you may not even have to rely on the second-hand market.
Tomaso

Re: For DIGITALL - Help Request for SAM and MAX Hit the Road

Post by Tomaso »

lambchop wrote:I was asking for help locating the disk.
In all fairness, lambchop, that is NOT what you asked for!
You specifically asked for a replacement file to rewrite the disc.
Your attack on digitall is totally uncalled for, as he was only following board rules.
Keep in mind that ScummVM is a free open source project..
To avoid legal issues, it's absolutely essential to maintain strickt rules regarding the supported games.
digitall
ScummVM Developer

Post by digitall »

"an self opinionated ass"... Odd, that I don't remember expressing any opinion about myself.

We have _VERY_ clear rules on this, as Tomaso said to avoid legal issues, especially as Lucasarts is now owned by Disney... who are not exactly known for their relaxed attitude on these matters. See http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Copyright_FAQ

You said "can someone help me find a replacement file so I can rewrite the disk."

Rule #0 says "No, it's not okay to request parts of a game either, ..., or to replace damaged media"

Simple as that.