Fullscreen issue in OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sadponyguerillaboy

Fullscreen issue in OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Post by sadponyguerillaboy »

I know Yosemite is still in Beta phase, and not sure what access developers have to its SDK's, but thought I'd post my findings as a 'heads up'. ScummVM (tried both 1.6.0 & 1.7.0) for mac seems to work in Windowed mode fine, but if I put it into fullscreen mode, it is moved down so I can only see the top 2 inches of the scummVM program window. Using the Alt-Enter hotkey to switch between fullscreen and windowed mode works to get you out of it, or manually editing the preferences file also works.

Note: on a 2013 macbook air
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

We are using SDL library to go fullscreen. I suggest to provide this information to them.

Eugene
GabeCube

Post by GabeCube »

I can confirm that this is not Yosemite-related. I managed to reproduce it on a Retina MacBook Pro running Mavericks, as well as running Windows 8 on it with Bootcamp.

My guess is that this is GPU or display-related.
GabeCube

Post by GabeCube »

I have been playing with it and it seems related to the screen scaling option to make text more readable on such a high resolution. When I set the scaling to 100% instead of the default 150%, things work alright. Likewise, when I set it to 200%, the problem gets even worse. All of this was tested on Windows 8.1 running under Bootcamp on a Retina display Macbook Pro.
GabeCube

Post by GabeCube »

Now, I have managed to fix this on the Windows end by right-clicking, going into Properties and disabling scaling specifically for ScummVM. However, I have yet to find an equivalent solution on the OSX end.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/41 ... 0&tstart=0

Apparently, I am not alone.
GabeCube

Post by GabeCube »

It seems like Retinizer can fix that issue on Mac OSX. Just note that it might introduce other problems I have yet to notice - but so far it seems to have fixed the program for me.

http://retinizer.mikelpr.com/