Scumm Fullscreen issues

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

robexor

Scumm Fullscreen issues

Post by robexor »

Hi peeps,,

I got a question regaring full screen mode. :!:

for some reason i cannot get any games to run at full screen, when i tell summ to run full screen, it enters full screen mode, but it puts the game in a small box in the center of the screen and the outer is black???? :?: :?: :?:

Can you guys please help a newbee lol. :lol:

Many thanks

Robexor
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Scumm Fullscreen issues

Post by eriktorbjorn »

robexor wrote:for some reason i cannot get any games to run at full screen, when i tell summ to run full screen, it enters full screen mode, but it puts the game in a small box in the center of the screen and the outer is black???? :?: :?: :?:

Can you guys please help a newbee lol. :lol:
Fullscreen mode does not scale up the image to fill the screen. Instead, it tries to change the screen resolution to that of the image. At least under Linux, if the monitor is not configured for the exact needed resolution, it will pick the smallest possible one and draw the image centered on that. (I don't know how it behaves on other operating systems.) The size of the image depends on which graphics scaler ScummVM uses.

For instance, my monitor can display 320x240, 640x400 and 640x480, so in these cases the image fills the scren nicely. With 320x200, 960x600 or 960x720, I get black borders.
robexor

Scumm Fullscreen

Post by robexor »

ok my monitor can support up to 1280*1024, its a 17" lcd
i am running Windows xp SP2..

So are u telling me that to use scumm i have to run at 800*600 to get a full screen ? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I think that i got it working about a year ago on a old version but was not sure wha i did ,,,

Any suggestions ?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Scumm Fullscreen

Post by eriktorbjorn »

robexor wrote:ok my monitor can support up to 1280*1024, its a 17" lcd

So are u telling me that to use scumm i have to run at 800*600 to get a full screen ? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
I think that i got it working about a year ago on a old version but was not sure wha i did ,,,

Any suggestions ?
Well, the resolution I usually have on my monitor is 1280x960, but it supports several others. It's one of those old, non-flat ones though. I don't know how LCDs behave.

Many of the games ScummVM supports ran at 320x200 originally. With a 3x scaler and aspect ratio correction you can expand the image to 960x720. Newer games ran at 640x480. With a 2x scaler, that would become 1280x960.
robexor

Re: Scumm Fullscreen

Post by robexor »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
robexor wrote:ok my monitor can support up to 1280*1024, its a 17" lcd

Any suggestions ?
Well, the resolution I usually have on my monitor is 1280x960, but it supports several others. It's one of those old, non-flat ones though. I don't know how LCDs behave.

Many of the games ScummVM supports ran at 320x200 originally. With a 3x scaler and aspect ratio correction you can expand the image to 960x720. Newer games ran at 640x480. With a 2x scaler, that would become 1280x960.
**************************************************************************************************************************

SORTED ISSUE :D :D :D :D :D

Found a BUG in the latest NVIDIA Graphics Drivers..

DATE = 09/03/2006
VERSION = 8.4.2.1

For people that ujse flat panels ie TFT , PLASMA'S This driver will sometimes display a black boarder around resolutions below 1280*1024
The way to turn this off is under the DISPLAY PROPERTIES click

1. ADVANCED
2. GEFORCE [MODEL NUMBER IE 6800] TAB
3. DIGITAL FLAT PANEL SETTINGS

Make sure taht the MONITOR SCALING is selected, then you will not have the problem any more.

Hope this helps