Broken Sword 2 Install Error

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

robexor

Broken Sword 2 Install Error

Post by robexor »

Hello Peeps

Sorry if this topic has come up before but could not find any about this pacific ERROR.

When i try and run the installation for Broken Sword 2 i get this error

"COULD NOT FIND CLUSTER IN EITHER E:\CLUSTER OR G:\"

I am running on WIN XP SP2 using deamon tools

Any suggestions??

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
clem

Post by clem »

yes: don't use the installation program; copy the files to HD, then add them from within the ScummVM launcher

clem
robexor

PLEASE PELEASE PLEASE HELP ME BROKEN SWORD 2 INSTALLATION

Post by robexor »

I have tryed that and scumm cannont find the game.
I have the files on a ISO that i made from the original that i have , but when i copy the files to the hdd, and point scumm it get this message

SCUMM COULD NOT FIND ANY GAMES IN SPECIFIED DIRECTORY

these are the files that are on cd one

CLUSTERS = FOLDER
DIRECTX = FOLDER
INSTALL = FOLDER
SMACKS = FOLDER
SWORD = FOLDER
AUTORUN.EXE
AUTORUN.INF
DSETUP16.DLL
DSETUP32.DLL
DSETUP.DLL
INSTALL.INF
README.TXT
SETUP.EXE

This is really anoying cos i cannont find my original broken sword 2

PLEASE PELEASE PLEASE HELP ME I AM GOING MAD
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

The ScummVM README file describes which files you need. Look at the section about Multi-CD Games. If you put all those files in a new folder on your hard disk, and point ScummVM to that folder, it should work.
pmaciel

Post by pmaciel »

there was a discussion on the "exact" required files for broken sword 2, both the normal and the "alt" version. (i say exact because the manual talk about some small files which aren't required).

pay attention to the directory structure (some of us flatten the contents of the clusters directory) and to the file name case. the topic is:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1143

also, read the posts in order, almost all post are definitelly important. i would sugest you to copy the files to the hd (not running from cd).

note: altough we discuss the macosx distribution, it also works for windows, i also tested that. this is for the latest stable binaries.
robexor

Post by robexor »

Ok i must be really stupid !!!!

i dont get it?? can some one tell me exactly what to do please....

Many thanks
pmaciel

Post by pmaciel »

follow these instructions:

1. copy these files to a folder in your harddisk (taken from the game data files in the scummvm documentation section in the main site, http://www.scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles):

*.clu
*.inf
*.tab
credits.bmp
rename music.clu on cd1 to music1.clu
rename music.clu on cd2 to music2.clu
rename speech.clu on cd1 to speech1.clu
rename speech.clu on cd2 to speech2.clu

2. from the downloads section (extras subsection) get and extract the cutscene pack:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scum ... p?download

3. you have to pay attention to the filenames case, either all are uppercase ("ABC"), or lowercase ("abc"), so rename (consistently) if necessary.

4. compare the files you have with my files list (i have one of the soldout distributions, the "alt" version):

- r2ctlns.ocx
- directory clusters: carib1.clu, carib2.clu, carib3.clu, cluster.tab, credits.bmp, credits.clu, docks.clu, font.clu, general.clu, jungle.clu, music1.clu, music2.clu, paris.clu, players.clu, pyramid1.clu, pyramid2.clu, quaramon.clu, resource.inf, resource.tab, scripts.clu, speech1.clu, speech2.clu, text.clu, warehous.clu
- directory sword2: cd.inf, startup.inf
- directory video: carib.mp2, carib.ogg, carib.pal, escape.mp2, escape.ogg, escape.pal, eye.mp2, eye.ogg, eye.pal, finale.mp2, finale.ogg, finale.pal, guard.mp2, guard.ogg, guard.pal, intro.mp2, intro.ogg, intro.pal, jungle.mp2, jungle.ogg, jungle.pal, museum.mp2, museum.ogg, museum.pal, pablo.mp2, pablo.ogg, pablo.pal, pyramid.mp2, pyramid.ogg, pyramid.pal, quaram.mp2, quaram.ogg, quaram.pal, river.mp2, river.ogg, river.pal, sailing.mp2, sailing.ogg, sailing.pal, shaman.mp2, shaman.ogg, shaman.pal, stone1.mp2, stone1.pal, stone2.mp2, stone2.ogg, stone2.pal, stone3.mp2, stone3.ogg, stone3.pal

note 1: it won't harm scummvm if more files do exist, it is a good idea to test with everything before deleting stuff. if you have a different distribution (the not-"alt" doesn't have the "r2ctlns.ocx" file), then you should have "players.clu" in the base directory (that is, outside the clusters directory). i'm not aware of other differences.

note 2: i keep the files in their original directories, and altough scummvm is a bit flexible about where it looks for files (look in the manual), it will in principle always work if you keep the original structure. that's why i mentioned flattened directory structure, that is, some people prefer the files to be in the same directory (not my case).

5. start scummvm, click "Add Game...", browse to the directory, click "Choose", and it should autodetect the game. then you're ready to play.